MF 30 Industrial Issue

/ MF 30 Industrial Issue #1  

georgia088

Tractor
Mf 30?
Thanks in advance for any help! I was running backhoe this morning and turned around to move when I noticed my temperature gauge was at about 230 F. It normally never gets anywhere near this high (usually about 180-190). I looked at the fan and it wasn't turning. I immediately turned off the tractor. Apparently the alternator bolt had backed out and come loose and my belt came off. This isn't my problem.

While I was off looking at it, I see oil dripping. It is coming from up toward the top of the block (just below where the head attaches) on the back side of the block. There is a hose that tightens (garden hose looking end) and then it looks like there is a gasket to some kind of cover. (I will post picture).

I cleaned it off when I was looking for leak and waited for engine to cool to around 200F. I got fan belt back on and cranked engine. The oil immediately began coming out of either the hose connector or the end plate. I wiped it off while engine running and and of course the engine cooled down to its normal temp. After I wiped it off, I watched for several minutes and can't find any more oil coming out.

SO..... Would the 230 temp be high enough to damage engine? What is it that is leaking (in picture). Does it have some kind of relief valve that oil comes out of and when temp came back down it stopped? Again, thanks for any help!

Thanks!

Attachments

• 2017-06-28 11.17.27.jpg
    2017-06-28 11.17.27.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 158
   / MF 30 Industrial Issue #2  
Worn seal that couldn't keep the hot, thin oil in. Probably leaking anyway and should be replaced.

/ MF 30 Industrial Issue
Do you know what it is that I am looking at? I was trying to figure out what to order to replace the seal. I have looked in my manual, but I can't seem to determine exactly what it is.

Thanks.

/ MF 30 Industrial Issue #4  
This part?1498669723356.jpeg1498669766404.jpeg