MF GC2610 Hydraulic issue

/ MF GC2610 Hydraulic issue #1  

ripcord

Tractor
Massey Ferguson GC2610 TLB
I am trying to source a problem with my MF GC2610TLB sub-compact. It has blown 3 pressure lines on the steering system. The Massey dealership has suggested to use a higher rated hydraulic hose instead of the OEM "plastic" line. I think there is a problem somewhere which is causing the pressure line to fail due to overpressure and by simply changing to a higher pressure hydraulic hose will move my problem to the next weakest part (return line). I think it is either the steering orbit roll as it has a relief valve built into it or the control valve under the seat (this is the unit that the pressure line is connected to). Has anyone run into this problem and found a solution? I would appreciate some assistance as I would prefer to cut the grass versus replacing another hydraulic line.

/ MF GC2610 Hydraulic issue #2  
Sorry, I don't know, but when I had to change a steering hose due to a chafing leak, it appeared to be a regular hydraulic hose to me. Didn't see anything that appeared to be a plastic hose. Of course we don't have all the information, but seems to me I'd be looking for a different dealer or mechanic.

/ MF GC2610 Hydraulic issue #3  
I've replaced a few hoses on my 2310, and have found that while my replacements seemed definitely more "heavy duty" than the OEM hoses, I still have all the originals on the steering system: no problems there, after 7+ years and 680 hrs. Any way to check the pressure on that system while under operation?

/ MF GC2610 Hydraulic issue #4  
Sorry, you have a problem that has not come up on here.

If you put a gauge in the line, you can measure the pressure. Then, try and find out what it's supposed to be.

I think the way it works is, both lines are pressure or return, depending on how you turn the wheel.

If that's the case, and only one line keeps blowing, it's probably the hoses. Perhaps, they got a batch of junk hoses.

M.F. engineering used to take phone calls. Perhaps they can help, at least with the proper pressure reading.

/ MF GC2610 Hydraulic issue #5  
Is it the same line that keeps blowing? Does it rupture the hose, or leak at the fitting? What line is it exactly. Has it happened when turning in one direction only, or any time the steering is used? Do visual check on the lines going to the steering cylinder on the front axle for any signs of damaged hoses, esp. the ones you haven't replaced.

AGCO Parts Books is a good resource to identify parts.

/ MF GC2610 Hydraulic issue #6  
I am trying to source a problem with my MF GC2610TLB sub-compact. It has blown 3 pressure lines on the steering system. The Massey dealership has suggested to use a higher rated hydraulic hose instead of the OEM "plastic" line. I think there is a problem somewhere which is causing the pressure line to fail due to overpressure and by simply changing to a higher pressure hydraulic hose will move my problem to the next weakest part (return line). I think it is either the steering orbit roll as it has a relief valve built into it or the control valve under the seat (this is the unit that the pressure line is connected to). Has anyone run into this problem and found a solution? I would appreciate some assistance as I would prefer to cut the grass versus replacing another hydraulic line.

1) Cheap hoses
2) Pressure relief valve (my pick)
3) Critter's chewing on line or line snagging somewhere.

Are you using the steering wheel to mount\dismount?

Have you checked if there was a recall on the steering cylinder? there was one on mine (the end pieces were assembled incorrectly)

I have 200 hours on my 2410, never replaced a hose yet and my biggest job was moving around 36, 18 yard truck loads of gravel, dirt, sand, and loam and smoothing it out with the bucket. Dug many trenches with he backhoe and removed many stumps. Should not be blowing hoses just mowing grass.

/ MF GC2610 Hydraulic issue #7  
I have a 1531 massey ferguson compact tractor. I have had a lot of front end problem including steering issues. My hydraulic lines to the steering cylinder seem to be standard hydraulic hoses ( metric rather than sae). I don't know what pressure they are rated at, but if you not replacing them with hydraulic hoses, they will not hold up. I busted my hydraulic cylinder and had to have it rebuilt. Boy that was pricey.