Used finish mower for the first time

/ Used finish mower for the first time #1  

stuckmotor

Tractor
AC WD 34 hp/3500 lbs MF 261 60 hp/5380 lbs
My brother and I both have MF 261 tractors. He caught pneumonia and has been mostly unconcious in the hospital for a week and hadn't cut his grass for a long time before that. Knowing that it'll be a long while before he gets on a tractor I hooked his 261 to the finish mower and went to work. The slasher would probably have been a better choice So far, I've discovered several fence posts, a garden hose and a soaker hose. There was an anvil prumer in the tool box. It came in really handy for cutting the garden hose from the blades.

Last edited:
   / Used finish mower for the first time #2  
Pray your brother has full recovery.

There is a saying if you don't know the area, walk it.

/ Used finish mower for the first time
Pray your brother has full recovery.

There is a saying if you don't know the area, walk it.

Thank you K Thompson. His kidneys have not been functioning properly and they want me to give permission to put him on dialysis. We need all the prayer we can get.
Stuck

/ Used finish mower for the first time #4  
Just wanted to read about your 'mower experience' and was surprised to discover the background story re: the brother.

So, tell him we are thinking of you all, from afar.

Of course, if my brother told me he was driving my tractor, I'd be out of bed in an instant!:eek:

Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

:crossfingers:

/ Used finish mower for the first time #5  
Speedy recovery wishes for your brother.

The things one finds when mowing :confused2: ...most of use have been there time or two. ;)

/ Used finish mower for the first time #6  
Finish mowers dont like much abuse. Sounds like when you are done you are gonna need a new set of blades.

Prayers for your brother.

/ Used finish mower for the first time #7  
Finish mowers dont like much abuse. Sounds like when you are done you are gonna need a new set of blades.

Prayers for your brother.

LD1 is correct, finish mowers don't like abuse. As far as replacing the blades maybe not, that is my kind of luck, but he might get away with just having to sharpen the blades.
Agree with praying for his brother, without question!
David from jax

/ Used finish mower for the first time #8  
Hitting fence post and wrapping up hoses, I am guessing bent blades

/ Used finish mower for the first time
Thanks to all for thoughts and prayers for my brother. For any who're praying for the finish mower, that might not be a bad idea.:)

/ Used finish mower for the first time #10  
Thanks to all for thoughts and prayers for my brother. For any who're praying for the finish mower, that might not be a bad idea.:)

I will add the finish mower to my prayer list, next to your brother...
David from jax