How to adjust throwout bearing bolts on Massy 596

/ How to adjust throwout bearing bolts on Massy 596 #1  

rvander1

Tractor
Massey 596 with cab.
Hi guys,
I have a 596 with an Eaton 12/4 transmission that was popping out of gear so I split the tractor and took out the transmission and transfer case and then separated the transmission from the engine.
I have mainly been working on the transmission (replacing gears, bushings etc.) but I decided to replace the clutch disk, throwout bearing and pilot bearing, and pilot bearing bolts while I have things apart.
I've installed the new pilot bearing and disc and bolted the clutch back to the flywheel. I've installed the new throwout bearing contact bolts in the clutch arms, and I don't know how much bolt head should be sticking out toward the throwout bearing. There is a "special tool" to measure this, but I don't have that. All I really need is the distance the bolt heads should be from the flywheel and I can make up a jig to place them at that distance.
--Does anyone know this measurement?
--Or maybe some other way to get the right distance between the throwout bearing and the bolts?
Unfortunately, the throwout bearing bolts are not accessible once the transmission is rebolted to the engine. There's an access opening to the clutch, but it's only for adjusting the second stage clutch disk (I don't have that since I have an independent PTO).
Thanks in advance,
Bob

/ How to adjust throwout bearing bolts on Massy 596 #2  
Sounds like your on the right track and mechanically gifted I have a couple ideas they may work. If you have a good friend in the parts and service department at a dealership, the may be able to look it up and get you the information. If your project can be put hold for a couple of weeks, for about 30-40 dollars you can order a service manual for the tractor and have drop shipped to door. Make sure you order the service manual and not the owners manual. The last idea is to go searching around on the internet to see if you can find out. Hope this helps.