GC1720 just died

/ GC1720 just died #1  

FastDaddy66

Tractor
MF GC1720
I have a GC 1720 with 134 hours on the meter. I was digging out a creek bed running at 2600 RPM and it dropped down to idle and then stalled. The engine turns over but will not start. I checked fuel, oil and air filter all are OK. I can hear the fuel pump running but does not seem as loud/fast as normal. I'm thinking maybe it is the culprit. Anyone know what the fuel pressure should be on these? It is about 18 months old, think it is still under warranty?

Thanks for any input.

/ GC1720 just died #2  
IDK.

Have you checked all your levers? It's pretty easy to bump one, and have it quit.

Fuel pumps are not failing on these.

/ GC1720 just died #3  
It is still under warranty for sure. 2 year bumper to bumper. 5 year power train.

/ GC1720 just died #5  
Did you check the fuel tank level or the fuel flow to the engine? Sounds like somethings blocking the fuel line pickup in the fuel tank.

/ GC1720 just died #6  
THERE IS AN ELECTRIC CUT OFF SWITCH MiGHT BE YUR PROBLeM

/ GC1720 just died #7  
Did you check the fuel tank level or the fuel flow to the engine? Sounds like somethings blocking the fuel line pickup in the fuel tank.

If all else checks out, check your fuel lines. On my last two Massey tractors, I've had kinks in the fuel lines. One when I was plowing snow and the other when I was mowing a field. Engine just went to idle, died and then wouldn't restart. Let sit for awhile and both would restart. However, neither would run right until I fixed the problem and bleed the fuel system. Mine were MF1643 and MF1754. Also, once these tractors stall, you have to wait to restart it. Takes several minutes for computer to reset to allow start. Not saying this is your problem, just another idea.

/ GC1720 just died #8  
Underneath the drivers side of the tractor is a manual switch to turn the fuel flow off and on. If debris hit this it can shut off the flow for your fuel. I’ve had it happen and it took me a little while to figure it out.

/ GC1720 just died
Thanks for all the replies. It turns out that the fuel filter lever got bumped and shut off the fuel. It is located under the drivers left foot for future reference. Thanks again!

/ GC1720 just died #10  
It’s awesome when all the members sign on and help out, I really like this MF forum!