Serial number on Massey 275

/ Serial number on Massey 275 #1  

Bassmanks

Tractor
Massey 275
I have a Massey Ferguson model 275 with a missing serial number plate. I need to do some clutch and I'm not sure if it is a single or two stage clutch. Is the serial number stamped any where else on the tractor? It is a Diesel. Thanks in advance.

/ Serial number on Massey 275 #2  
I cannot help you with your serial number, that tag is normally the only place that will have it. Does your tractor have independent pto? If so it will have the single clutch. Live pto models are the ones with a dual clutch setup.

/ Serial number on Massey 275
I cannot help you with your serial number, that tag is normally the only place that will have it. Does your tractor have independent pto? If so it will have the single clutch. Live pto models are the ones with a dual clutch setup.
not sure but I think it has a live pto. I have a lot more to learn. Thank you for your help I will probably be reaching out in the future. Ray

/ Serial number on Massey 275 #4  
If you have live pto, when the pto is engaged and you step on the clutch the pto keeps turning. Some people refer to it as a tractor with live power.

/ Serial number on Massey 275 #5  
Ps. Welcome neighbor, I'm on the other end of the state near Topeka.

/ Serial number on Massey 275 #6  
Ps. Welcome neighbor, I'm on the other end of the state near Topeka.

Hi.
The 275 has a 12 inch two stage clutch unless it has independent power take of, this can be found by ,starting the engine and moving the pto lever ,the one on the left hand side under the seat if the lever moves without gears crunching it has a two stage clutch.
Hope this helps.
Hutch.

/ Serial number on Massey 275
Thanks guys for your help. I'm sure I'll have more questions as this restore project unfolds.