MF GC1710 RPM

/ MF GC1710 RPM #11  
The transmission gearing is also different on the two models I️ have a post on this if you look at my posts created

/ MF GC1710 RPM #12  
The transmission gearing is also different on the two models I️ have a post on this if you look at my posts created

That is also my understanding. The 25hp GCs have more fuel being dumped into the engine, are governed to run at higher RPM, and thus are geared to keep PTOs rotating at 540/2000 despite the higher engine RPM. People installing kits and parts to increase fuel consumption and/or RPM on the 23hp models will void their warrantee. Says so in the manual.

/ MF GC1710 RPM #13  
That is also my understanding. The 25hp GCs have more fuel being dumped into the engine, are governed to run at higher RPM, and thus are geared to keep PTOs rotating at 540/2000 despite the higher engine RPM. People installing kits and parts to increase fuel consumption and/or RPM on the 23hp models will void their warrantee. Says so in the manual.

That's true...but I don't use the PTO. That PTO gearing is of no consequence for me. For me, where I use to he machine, more tq is worth it.

I doubt the warrenty would be voided. It would be a hard case to make that agco parts, dsigned for that motor, would be modifying anything.

/ MF GC1710 RPM #14  
That's true...but I don't use the PTO. That PTO gearing is of no consequence for me. For me, where I use to he machine, more tq is worth it.

I doubt the warrenty would be voided. It would be a hard case to make that agco parts, dsigned for that motor, would be modifying anything.

2 hp at the extreme top of the rev range is not going to do much for the 1700. Get yourself a 35hp tractor if you need a bump or a PTO driven hydro pump if you are trying to run something that needs more than the 4.6gpm flow we have. Our PTOs can support around 11gpm pump I️ believe.

/ MF GC1710 RPM #15  
2 hp at the extreme top of the rev range is not going to do much for the 1700. Get yourself a 35hp tractor if you need a bump or a PTO driven hydro pump if you are trying to run something that needs more than the 4.6gpm flow we have. Our PTOs can support around 11gpm pump I️ believe.

I have a cabin at 10,000 feet. It doesn't matter what you have, power is reduced up there due to the thin air. The HP, pump flow, size, etc is not the reason for any of this, I want that extra torque. I have everything I need in the 1710, which is a loader, backhoe and small size for a forrest wandering tool.

Again, the PTO is worthless to me, subsequently the gearing and flow is too...

Oh and remember, adding fuel and timing does not result in gains at the top of the RPM curve, those gains are felt even off idle.

/ MF GC1710 RPM
At 10,000 feet you could use a turbo! Would be an interesting project, nothing extreme, just enough boost to get back to sea level conditions plus of course a little bit more.