Better seat on 1700's

/ Better seat on 1700's #1  

Billac

Tractor
Deutz-allis 7085 Allis D17/CA/B/B112/712/917/Massey1705
Has anyone replaced the oem seat on a 1700 series tractor with something more comfortable?
I use my 1705 for raking hay a bit but it rides so rough that I would like to replace the seat.
My 1950 CA Allis Chalmers is far easier to ride.

/ Better seat on 1700's #2  
I assume you have a GC since the model you list is "1705". You might double check but I think the GC1710 seat has an upgraded seat from the GC1705 and it should bolt right on.

/ Better seat on 1700's #3  
I assume you have a GC since the model you list is "1705". You might double check but I think the GC1710 seat has an upgraded seat from the GC1705 and it should bolt right on.

The 1715 & 1720 have the better seats. Very recently the newer machines have an upgraded seat and steering wheel however. I havent figured out if they are backwards compatible or what they cost.

/ Better seat on 1700's #4  
The 1715 & 1720 have the better seats. Very recently the newer machines have an upgraded seat and steering wheel however. I havent figured out if they are backwards compatible or what they cost.

Very interested in the new seat as I have a 1710 and the seat ( in my opinion ) is brutal, more the hinges and springs to be honest. It seems to sway side to side so much. I priced the 1720 seat and it was $500.00, which is crazy. Seeing the new 2018 seat will be the standard, hopefully it is more reasonable and a better setup. The taller steering wheel is intersting as I had no issues with that.

/ Better seat on 1700's #5  
Very interested in the new seat as I have a 1710 and the seat ( in my opinion ) is brutal, more the hinges and springs to be honest. It seems to sway side to side so much. I priced the 1720 seat and it was $500.00, which is crazy. Seeing the new 2018 seat will be the standard, hopefully it is more reasonable and a better setup. The taller steering wheel is intersting as I had no issues with that.

The difference you feel more likely has to do with the extra clap trap that is necessary to make the seat rotate for use with the backhoe. I previously had a GC2400, now a GC1720. Its definitely sits higher and I agree, it sways side to side more than I would like, make me feel unstable at times, but I don't think its the seat itself, but rather the mounting bracket.

Has the OP tried looking up the part numbers in the agcopartsbook? or called your dealer? you can get the part numbers and dealer quote. Not a lot fo online retailers, but once you have the part #s you can look around.