1533 popped, won't mnove

/ 1533 popped, won't mnove #1  

geneP

Platinum Member
Tractor
Case-International 385, Kubota L5450 w/LA1150A loader
My neighbor has a 1533 4wd w/loader. He got it stuck, and in the process of getting it out the tractor popped and stopped pulling. Is there something we can check to help diagnose the problem? I've done a search and find no other posts of this type. I was hoping that it is something common and simple to repair but it isn't shaping up that way. Thanks for any advice.

/ 1533 popped, won't mnove #2  
I assume it was a tranny pop. If so something broke and will most likely require a spilt.

/ 1533 popped, won't mnove #3  
That's my guess. You might slip in 4 wheel drive and see if the front wheels will pull you. I had a pop on my 1531, doing and it was.in the front end. Pretty much shelled front end and the rebuild was about 4,000 dollars.

/ 1533 popped, won't mnove #4  
I know it is not what you want to hear, but this is yet just another example of a major component failure that is going to involve an expensive repair. I have had a number of them with my 1531. Th ere is no way you can convince me that these are tough rugged little tractors. Now if you try to explain this type stuff then they say you where abusing the tractor or you are an agco basher. Truth is it is typical of agco tractors, they know they got problems and it is what it is.

/ 1533 popped, won't mnove #5  
What do you mean by, "popped"?
An electrical pop?
A pop from the exhaust?
Gear shift?
Front end?

The 1533 is a very strong durable tractor.
Give a little better description of what happened and maybe we can help.

/ 1533 popped, won't mnove
I wasn't there and didn't hear the "pop", but it was mechanical. Two wheel drive or four wheel drive will not move the tractor. From the responses I can be fairly confident it is major and a dealer or mechanic will have to address it. I was fishing for something that might be fairly common with a known fix on this type tractor. Thanks to each of you for the replies.

/ 1533 popped, won't mnove #7  
Well, okee-dokee.
Please come back and let us know what "popped".
Lots of us have 1533 / 1540s and would like to know.
Thank you.

/ 1533 popped, won't mnove #8  
I know it is not what you want to hear, but this is yet just another example of a major component failure that is going to involve an expensive repair. I have had a number of them with my 1531. Th ere is no way you can convince me that these are tough rugged little tractors. Now if you try to explain this type stuff then they say you where abusing the tractor or you are an agco basher. Truth is it is typical of agco tractors, they know they got problems and it is what it is.

Jesus Christ, sell the thing and move on, whats next bitching videos on youtube like that guy from Australia.

/ 1533 popped, won't mnove #9  
Exactly... I think everybody gets his drift yikes

/ 1533 popped, won't mnove #10  
Plenty of fluid in hydraulic/trans system? We broke off the filter messing around in woods and stick (large limb) popped up from front tires and slammed right into filter while we were moving. Tractor was not going anywhere, but luckily, we were not far in the woods and could tow it out. Loading it on trailer was pretty interesting, but easier than I expected.

Sounds dumb/obvious, but might want to check that out.