1736 hand throttle not working

/ 1736 hand throttle not working #1  

xmabellx

Tractor
MF 1736
Looking for a bit of help. Its a 1736 cab model/hydro and the hand throttle does nothing to advance engine speed. Engine revs up just fine when moving the tractor. Everything else works. no error codes. 146 hours. Hand throttle worked as usual on sunday. Any ideas?

/ 1736 hand throttle not working #2  
That's a bit puzzling.

I was always intrigued as to how the hydro - throttle combination worked on our 1736 tractors.

On our 1736 you can set the throttle to a constant engine speed say 1,500 rpm and if you briefly push harder on the hydro peddle the engine will automatically rev up to the required rpms if it needs to, once you ease off on the peddle the engine speed will reduce back to your throttle setting of 1,500 rpms.

On tractors without this feature there would just be a direct mechanical linkage (cable) to the throttle lever. I'm only guessing for our 1736 there still is, then electronically there must be a controller interfacing with the hydro peddle to increase the engine rpms as required????

/ 1736 hand throttle not working #3  
Looking for a bit of help. Its a 1736 cab model/hydro and the hand throttle does nothing to advance engine speed. Engine revs up just fine when moving the tractor. Everything else works. no error codes. 146 hours. Hand throttle worked as usual on sunday. Any ideas?

Are you saying it won稚 do anything at all or is just hard to move? Mines a dit hard to move so I run it up th where I want to be with the foot throttle and match the hand lever to keep it there. It just seems easier to me . Just a different technique needed maybe, hopefully