Loader Quick Attach for DL95 (GC1700 series tractors)

/ Quick Attach for DL95 (GC1700 series tractors) #11  
John Deere came out with their own quick hitch, Massey came out with theirs in the 200 series, and skid steer came along and knocked everyone out with a universal fit. Why limit yourself on one particular style when you can fit them all? With a capacity of 800 pounds on your GC, does the skid steer really take that much away? Specs anyone? I like the receiver hitch idea though. Looks like a cool experiment.

Massey needs to get with the program and find a quick hitch for these tractors. I've seen a sale lost by this reason.

/ Quick Attach for DL95 (GC1700 series tractors) #12  
Hi AxleHub,

Thanks for the reply.
Would you mind posting a link to Q.A and implements that you are referring to?

As I said above, I did my homework and searched for what is already available, including here at TBN .
The quick attach mentioned in your post from 2015 weights about 75 pounds, that's almost 10% of the DL95 lifting capacity.

And as I also said, I did not like what I found, it was heavy and overbuilt.
On top of it, most of those attachments are sold down south, I am in Canada and with the exchange rate, shipping, duties and brokerage fees, those attachments are simply to heavy and too expensive.

Considering all the above (price, weight, availability in Canada) lead me to design my own, optimized for GC1700 series limited capabilities.

Cheers,
Roman

Greetings Roman,

You will find I posted often in 2015 about attachments available for the new in 2015 dl95 fel. Especially related to classify implements and the development and design of the 1st dl95 quick attach.

But I wanted to see just how hard it would be to find some of those threads. So I went to TBN,''s search and all I typed in was this: DL95 Quick Attach and I hit enter. This was one of my threads after the Q. A. Was completed and installed and I was using it.

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/massey-ferguson-buying-pricing/345627-massey-gc1700-dl95-loader-has.html

You stated that a 75 lbs. Quick attach is too heavy. Well at that time a quick attach was typically 135 pounds.

Also there are many other of my threads with testing I did as a user. As an example you indicate these scuts are small and limited in their weight capacity. That was true at the time if you were talking about a kubota BX at about 500 pounds lift capacity. But the dl95 is much greater. As an example with thevquick attach on and with a full complete fork set on and with a wood pallet on, I added nearly 900 lbs. of patio blocks on and lived them to 30 inches and moved them around the yard.

I don't consider that a small lifting capacity. And that same full fork set quickly can be used on the 3 pt rear of the tractor where it can haul 1100 pounds of payload.

I think it's fine you're trying to "build a better mouse trap" . . . It I have no clue how you can do it with 30 lbs. Of quick attach product because you have both direct and torsional leveraged stress of well over 1000 lbs. On that 30 LB. Unit.

That thread I spent 30 seconds finding gets you to the manufacturer's website as well as the designer and quite a selection of items. I still haven't gotten my mini grapple yet but I will. It's 77 lbs can grab and lift a 28 inch diameter rock or log chunk.

As by the way. . The same company has products for several other tractor brand models too. But proudly made in Central Wisconsin by combined sophisticated methods and technical design. By the way, I'm personally not a skid steer design buyer myself. But the manufacturer offers that choice too. . . I like the patented design for superior strength and improved visibility.

Keep up the good effort. . . "there's always a desire for a better mouse trap" lol.

/ Quick Attach for DL95 (GC1700 series tractors)
I'm not happy with the thought if losing some of it if it is noticeable.
Do you have any information of the loss of leverage that your attachments have?

Hi not2old,

I have done some calculations and results are summarized in the table below.
Bear in mind that I may have the kinematics of the loader a bit off, as I do not have a production drawing with exact measurements and weights.
Also, I have estimated the cylinder diameter at 38mm, which may or may not to be exact.

However, my calculations are very close to the values stated in the OM for DL&L series loaders.

I can not speak for other Quick Attach designs as I do not have their COG location, geometry and weight.
But my design is about 1/2 of the Tach-N-Go weight (mine does not have the hitch receiver and chain attach points, hence the lighter weight).
I am working on a lightweight fork attachment carrier and the grapple is the next.

DL95-calc.JPG

Will update the the table as I progress.

I am ordering components to build the quick attach.
As soon as I have it welded up and installed, I will post pictures.
Testing will need to wait a bit, it is still cold up here (-20ーC tonight, -4F) and I need the snow blower on the tractor, we just got about 15cm (6") of snow couple of days ago with more to still come....

All the best,
Roman

/ Quick Attach for DL95 (GC1700 series tractors) #14  
Although I understand the geometry and physics, I have very little experience with hydraulics. Your diagram shows the lifting force at the end pin, which shouldn't have changed from the factory specifications?????, but the bucket sits further out which will change it's lifting ability. Do you know how much the loss is?

Your diagram shows the lifting force at the end pin, which shouldn't have changed from the factory specifications?????

First four rows of the table show factory setup.
Last four rows show setup with a quick attach (that I am working on).
You can see that available lifting force at the end pin is lower with the Quick attach, as it moves the bucket further away and adds weight of the quick attach.

Roman

/ Quick Attach for DL95 (GC1700 series tractors) #16  
I've sold a few of these universal quick attach adapters for Massey DL95 loaders.
At $650 shipped within 1,000 miles, they're not cheap, but they do make life much easier.
At 73 pounds, the weight is fairly manageable.
Travis

View attachment 538927

That must be 650 US? id buy one for that but im east coast if i recall those things are running close to 1000$ to the door.

That must be 650 US? id buy one for that but im east coast if i recall those things are running close to 1000$ to the door.

That's what I have found, with shipping and all fees it runs over $1000 US so not really feasible for Canadian buyers.
I am hoping to have price that will be less than that, in Canadian dollars.

Roman

/ Quick Attach for DL95 (GC1700 series tractors) #18  
Roman,

Is your intention to offer the quick attach and then customers acquire skid steer implements from other vendors to use with it ? Or do you intend to build the implements as well ?

And do you intend to make quick attaches (or implements) for other scut brands like Yanmar, Cub Cadet, Kioti, etc. etc. ?

/ Quick Attach for DL95 (GC1700 series tractors) #19  
Not to burst any bubbles, it does look like Massey may have their own factory quick attach now.

See this youtube video. And this video.

I think they may have an SSQA option also. I've also recently seen mention of a 54" bucket option for the loader, a 16: bucket option for the backhoe. Massey seems to be doing a terrible job about letting even the dealers know about new options/features....

massey prices.PNG

Last edited:
   / Quick Attach for DL95 (GC1700 series tractors) #20  
Not to burst any bubbles, it does look like Massey may have their own factory quick attach now.

See this youtube video. And this video.

I think a SSQA would still be better. I've also recently seen mention of a 54" bucket option and some other things. Massey seems to be doing a terrible job about letting even the dealers know about new options/features....
Dealers have to figure it out on their own. Usually it shows up as an option when the dealers order the tractor, but I haven't seen or heard tale of a quick attach here for a subcompact recently. Not even for the new 1526. 1726e and bigger get the option of pin on order skid steer.