Loader MF Moves Slow in All Gears

/ MF Moves Slow in All Gears #1  

ebagwell

Tractor
MF 1260
Hi Everyone-

First time post and First time MF owner. I have a MF 1260 Std Synchro.
Tractor would hesitate to move. It would move slow if at all, in all gears forwrd and reverse. It will eventually move slow then go. It is like the feeling of car with a auto tranny with low or no fluid in it. RPM'S fianlly catch up and creeps then moves faster. It will fianlly move but slow to do so. Then it will work fine sometimes and then will start again?

I checked the Hyd fluid and it was a little low so added some. It workd fine for a few min and then started again.

Any thoughts suggestions on the tranny problem would be appreciated.

Thank you '
Eric B

Last edited:
   / MF Moves Slow in All Gears #3  
I'm definitely not hydraulic system mechanic, but --any way you can check --while in operation-- hydraulic pressure? Sounds like maybe a pump issue... or clogged hydraulic filter?

/ MF Moves Slow in All Gears #4  
Checking the hydraulic pressure would be a good place to start. Tractor Data shows that it has a dry clutch - how many hours do you have and do you think it might be the clutch pack going out? The time it took to add fluid might have just let it cool down a little and then work for a few minutes until it got hot again.

/ MF Moves Slow in All Gears
Great ideas. Thank you. it has 750 hours and the dealer it from replaced the clutch etc before I bought it. They did have the tractor split so I know they did work to the clutch. Now what all they replaced and daid they replaces could be 2 different things. Some have suggested I check upper filter and lower suction filter to make sure non are plugged.

Dumb question but how is a good way to check hydraulic pressure??

/ MF Moves Slow in All Gears #7  
Not a dumb question, and I admit I don't know.. I should think there must be a specific port for that somewhere on the tractor, however, where a (specific) hydraulic pressure gauge would be attached.

/ MF Moves Slow in All Gears #8  
I believe you're barking up the wrong tree. If your 1260 has a standard synchro transmission with mechanical shuttle, there is no hydraulic connection to the drive. The only hydraulic clutch involved would be the PTO.

I think you should check for pedal free play first, and adjust as needed. If that checks out, you probably have a clutch problem, no matter what was done do it before your purchase.

/ MF Moves Slow in All Gears #9  
I believe you're barking up the wrong tree. If your 1260 has a standard synchro transmission with mechanical shuttle, there is no hydraulic connection to the drive. The only hydraulic clutch involved would be the PTO.

I think you should check for pedal free play first, and adjust as needed. If that checks out, you probably have a clutch problem, no matter what was done do it before your purchase.

Not a mechanic but think you are correct.

Well that is interesting. You are correct std synchro mechanical shift. No hydraulic control for tranmission?So if I did have low fluid or a plugged filter ( which I didn’t ) it would have no connection to trans?
You have a great idea because I just remembered a couple times when I pressed hard and then a fast release on clutch it seemed to work better. That could be a connection to what your mentioning.
Can you please give me any adivise and where to start on adjusting pedal.
Thank you