Round bale size?

/ Round bale size? #1  

BobCurry

Silver Member
Tractor
John Deere 3320 eHydro
What is the largest round hay bale you could safely lift with a 1533/1525 loader? My wife wants to know and I don't have a clue!

Thanks!

Bob /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ Round bale size? #2  
What size tractor is this on. Lifiting has as much to do with the tractor as the loader so more info please.

/ Round bale size?
Massey model 1533. Loader is the 1525.

Bob

/ Round bale size? #4  
Bob, The current information I have on the loader lift capacity is for the 1429-1440 models which is superseded by the 1533 ,so the capacities should be the same or a little more;
lift cap @ full height: bucket=1050lbs.
lift cap @ full height: @ pins =1200lbs.
break out force @ pins =1840lbs. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Hope this helps!!!

/ Round bale size? #5  
That is good info Nasty
Bear in mind also that even bales of the same dimension (4x6, 6x6, etc) can vary quite a bit in weight. Some of it depends on how tight a bale the baler puts up and how it is adjusted. Also whether or not the hay is "Green" or "Dry" which pertains to moisture content.
Bales that I could barely pick up off the field I could toss around easily that winter once they "dried out".

/ Round bale size? #6  
hudr, Well I was just trying to give Bob the info I had for the loader capacity, I have no idea what a round bale of hay wet or dry might weigh /forums/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

Put the wet bales on a 3PH spear and the dry bales on the loader spear??? Maybe /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Round bale size?
Thank you everyone for the great insights. My wife has informed me there will be no tractor until the house is built and we haven't even poured the slab yet. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif AAGGHH! I guess I'll re-engage in 6-8 months.

Thanks!

Bob

/ Round bale size? #8  
Bob, You have not laid the proper ground work!!!

First the wife should be informed that building a house requires equipment and therefore storage for such equipment .. Pick a spot for the house and stake it out so she can visualize.
Then find the right spot for the barn/shop/shed and build it first, then by the time its finished you can get the tractor in it and store building materials so you can help in building the house and use the tractor for final grading , digging the pond ,grading for HER greenhouse /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gifetc. OH YEAH Buddy thats the Ticket!!! Get the picture /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif