updated (consistent) GC2300 mtce. info?

/ updated (consistent) GC2300 mtce. info? #1  

44trxfun

Gold Member
Tractor
MF GC2300
I bought my tractor in the summer of 2003 and have been trying to adhere to the maintenance schedule as listed in the manual. Unfortunately, my manual has several inconsistencies. I'm wondering if Massey has updated their manuals and corrected some of the errors.

Can you 2300 owners look and see what you find for interval and quantity of fluid for:

transmission & differential housing (inc. hydraulics) (my manual says 2.9 qts once place, 2.9 gals elsewhere and 50 then 300 hours one place, 50 then 200 hours elsewhere),

front axle (mine says 50 then 600 hours one place, 50 then 300 hours elsewhere),

I'm just a little over 300 hours and wanting to stay on top of things... Do any of you have updated info? (My manual has two listings for each of these.)

Thanks...

/ updated (consistent) GC2300 mtce. info? #2  
IN LOOKING AT MY GC2310 BOOK - I RECALL SEEING FRONT AXLE AND HYDRO TO CHANGED AFTER THE FIRST 50 THEN EVERY 300 HRS. AFTER THAT.

/ updated (consistent) GC2300 mtce. info?
67, If I recall correctly, last time you posted you hadn't bought yet (pretty recent)? From your post, I assume you are now the proud owner of a 2310? If so, congratulations!

Thanks for responding. If you don't mind checking a little farther for me. In my manual, there's a section called "Lubrication & Maintenance". The first part of that is written out and states what you stated. My next page is a table / chart summarizing what maintainance should be done when. It is in this chart that there is conflicting information relative to the previous page.

Would you (and other GC2300/2310 owners) check your manual and see if those pages have been updated to be consistent, and post your findings? Thanks very much!

/ updated (consistent) GC2300 mtce. info? #4  
HEY, 44 WE JUST GOT OUR 2310 LAST FRIDAY,,,,,REALLY LIKE IT. I CHECKED THE MANUAL ON PG. 43 IT SAYS FIRST 50 HRS. - THEN EVERY 300. ON PAGE 44 IT SAYS FIRST 50 THEN EVERY 200 HRS. (COULD BE A TYPO). YOU MAY WANT TO ASKED YOUR DEALER TO CLARIFY.

/ updated (consistent) GC2300 mtce. info? #5  
Apparently M-F has not corrected their manuals, my 2300 (Feb 05), engine oil and filter 50/150 hrs page 43, and 44, page 47 calls for 50/100 hrs!

Transmission is 50/300hrs page 43, 50/200 page 44, 50/300 page 48! Also capacity is listed as 2.9 US Qals?? Cross between qts and gallons??

Front axle 50/600 hrs page 43, 50/300 page 44, 50/600 page 49.

Sounds like we are all in the same boat (tractor)!

/ updated (consistent) GC2300 mtce. info? #6  
I don't think MF has corrected any of their manuals for years. My 1235 parts manual has a drawing of the cooling system and has it labeled "fuel system". So I have no reference to the part numbers listed on the page. I have had this tractor for 4 years. I showed this discrepancy to the dealer and he told me everyone was aware of the problem. I asked for a phone number to call to ask for a good drawing and he said "I would give you the number if I thought it would do any good." Leaves me wondering! ............... BER

/ updated (consistent) GC2300 mtce. info?
Thanks you folks for responding. I guess I'll give the dealer a call. My 300 hours are not all working hours so I'm sure I haven't bunged things up. I just wanted to stay current on all the maintenance and since this is my first tractor...well, you know. Anyways I appreciate you looking and I'll post back here what my dealer says.