Default massey ferguson 1020 won\'t shut off

when ever the key is shut off the tractor keeps running any suggestions on what is causing this and the cure

Tractor
    Kioti DK45s

Default Re: massey ferguson 1020 won\'t shut off

If there is fuel shutoff (pull knob on the dash or under the steering wheel) pull it out! It is typical shutdown procedure on those type units. Not sure if the MF has it but there is a good chance of it. To restart you will have to push it back in.

Could also be a bad fuel shutoff soleniod or fuel valve leaking through..........Hope this helps!

Tractor
    1986 MF 1040, 1942 Farmall A, 1949 Farmall Super A

Default Re: massey ferguson 1020 won\'t shut off

bhawkjr,
    Gmssi, pretty well said what I was going to tell you. On my MF1040 my fuel shutoff is a red t-handle on the lower right side of the dash. I had to repair my cable when I bought my tractor. Cable had rusted up and only way to shut the engine down was to reach around to the injector pump and hold that lever till tractor shut down! I have since fixed that problem.

scotty