Massey Ferguson GC2310 exhaust deflector

/ Massey Ferguson GC2310 exhaust deflector #1  

bassnfrank

Tractor
Massey Ferguson GC 2310
I recently purchased the GC2310 and also was disappointed with the exhaust discoloring the loader frame. I found that a copper 1 1/4" ell would work to redirect the exhaust to the side. The smaller end will fit snugly over the exhaust pipe. You will need to cut 1/2" off the end of the exhaust pipe. Then flatten the large end of the ell to approximately 1" or less to clear the hood as it swings open. You than can angle the exhaust to where you want it. Mine is angled down about five degrees from the horizontal. I drilled a small hole in the copper ell and the exhaust to use a small sheet metal screw to hold the ell in the position I chose. You can paint the ell with high heat paint. Total cost for me was less than $5.00 and 1/2 hour of time to fit.
I am also working on a loader bucket level indicator which when completed I will post the details.
Any questions, email me.
Thanks for reading.

/ Massey Ferguson GC2310 exhaust deflector #2  
Good idea on the exhaust reroute. I looked at other level indicators on JD, NH ect. Most consist of a rod bent on the end and goes into a hole drilled close to bucket cylinder and fit inside of pipe or tube clamped to the cylinder. Another idea I had was fasten or glue a level bubble to the top of my bucket.

/ Massey Ferguson GC2310 exhaust deflector #3  
Jost saw a new GC2300 - guess what......they have the exhaust coming out the right side. Plus a tach and cruise control. I am trying to come with a warning light to show me when the Parking Brake is on. Have driven twice with out realizing it was engaged. My GC2310 with over power it when the brake is on.

/ Massey Ferguson GC2310 exhaust deflector
Does anyone know if the tach for a GC2300 can be fitted to the GC2310?

/ Massey Ferguson GC2310 exhaust deflector #5  
From what I heard from our dealer - it would be difficult. It is a cable driven tach.