Steel Plate

/ Steel Plate #1  

DougM

Gold Member
Tractor
GC 2310
I was at a auction on Friday and I bought 5 talbes
48 x 96 by 3/4 in plate steel ....

We loaded them on trailer with a small lift truck, stacking the tables 3 high up side down and sandwiched in ..
drove the load home going 40 miles per hour .. trip was 80 miles...
Got home and the only thing I had to un load trail with was my GC 2310 with a set of frokes on the front of the bucket..
/forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif
I could just reach and slide the top table ..
What I was planning on doing was to drag table and drop it as fast as I could when it came off of the trailer (HMMM)
and I did but it did not work the way it should have as the table feel faster then I could drop the front end loader.
This caused the tracktor to rasie up in the rear as it was WAY over balanced... I was bounced up and over the the steering wheel and I JUST caught the wheel enogh to keep from being thown forward and OFF the tractor...

This should have been on vidio's on the TV DARN did I feel stuipid /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif
Question how much does a steel plate weigh 48x96x 3/4 ??

DougM

/ Steel Plate #2  
Without more specifics about 978.0 pounds. Plain mild steel is about 0.283 pounds per cubic inch.
Harold

/ Steel Plate #3  
Doug,
Glad to hear you wernt hurt, but maybe better idea would have been to built a ramp with plywood and 2x4 and then slid them off. Just a thought. I bought a 350 gal propane tank half full from my neigfhbor this past weekend and my MF 1040 3800 lbs tractor weight and 1200 lbs loader weight with my bushog on the back and I couldnt lift it, had to bring in my neighbors 80 hp JD to get it on the trailer to move it about 1/2 mile. And it was a job with his big machine! Glads your OK !

scotty

/ Steel Plate
Thanks ........
Now the next Question is How do I adjust my hyd pump on my GC2310 so that I can lift just a little bit MORE

I have pushed and slid these tables in to the garage just trying to get them where I want them inside so that I can use as a fab. table weld table and what ever
/forums/images/graemlins/ooo.gif
DougM