Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Silver Member
    Tractor
    MF1010

Default Re: Massey ferguson 1020

Quote Originally Posted by cheshboy View Post
    Thank you for your response and 'where are they now' . I have sent an e-mail to Shaeffers, and await their reply. I wonder if the Hinomoto tractors ever picked up and used Toyosha components at some point?
    Again many thanks your help
    Not sure of this, but I think Shaeffer's may be getting the parts from Hinomoto. I think they were grey market tractors to begin with. MF still can source many parts, but I think Shaeffer's may cross check with the various brands of equivalent tractors (they were sold under different US brand names) and come up with parts MF doesn't know still exist because they aren't in the MF distribution chain.

As soon as it cools off, I am going to replace the gear shift ball bushing in my 1010 (it's plastic, so don't shift that lever too hard). My MF dealer could not find some of the parts I wanted (like the shift ball bushing itself) but Shaeffer found many of them. I will have to reuse some parts that I'd rather have replaced with new when I go in, but I think I will be ok overall now.

Tractor
    MF 1040

try this link....they are about 5mi. from me. I have bought saom parts for my MF 1040

West Kentucky Tractor Parts - Kevil, Kentucky

i have the shop manual for the 1000 series and it covers the 1010 if you need any information

Silver Member
    Tractor
    MF1010

Quote Originally Posted by ae_ted View Post
    try this link....they are about 5mi. from me. I have bought saom parts for my MF 1040

i have the shop manual for the 1000 series and it covers the 1010 if you need any information
    I actually did try them for the 1010, but no luck. Doesn't mean they won't have parts for the OP's tractor though....

Quote Originally Posted by ae_ted View Post

Thank you very much for your help. Yes they were the first people we tried, but they did not have the part. However we have located the part, and I am just waiting for my guys to get to the tractor. Thankyou for the offer of the shop manual, but I think my boss ordered one last Friday!
    Thanks again

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    Kubota BX24

Quote Originally Posted by cheshboy View Post
    Thank you very much for your help. Yes they were the first people we tried, but they did not have the part. However we have located the part, and I am just waiting for my guys to get to the tractor. Thankyou for the offer of the shop manual, but I think my boss ordered one last Friday!
    Thanks again
    Where did you find the parts?
    If it isn't broken, fix it anyway!

Machine shop

just bought a 1020 4wd at auction for 3700,no fel. was wondering what size plow will it pull? 1 bt or 2 bottom. dont have manuals yet

Elite Member
    Tractor
    MASSEY, CASE , FARMALL

I pull a 1-16 with mine. Manual says a 1 bottom, but I'm sure it could pull 2.

Thanks Mike, not sure yet what I'm dealing with here. 1st tractor. Bought to brush hog 3 acres, skid some logs, and put in some food plots. What kind of setup do you use when skidding?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12