Massey ferguson 1020

/ Massey ferguson 1020 #1  

mowtime

i have found a mf 1020 4wd with 90 original hours. The lady wants 3500.00 for it and I am in the landscaping biz. Will this tractor perform well, i know it will pull a 3pt hitch aerator but how about a rake and blades. any info will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

/ Massey ferguson 1020 #2  
Jump on it before I find out where it is. I just looked at a 2WD one last month with 1600 hrs. $6200

Eugene

/ Massey ferguson 1020 #3  
I have a MF 1020 hydro with 1400 hr. I have plowed snow with a 6 ft. backblade with no problem. It can also grade dirt, you are limited to the weight of the tractor not its power. I have a FEL but it is slow. The last 9 years it has only been used for finish mowing. It is heavier than its replacment 1120. The price sounds good. I had to replace the cvu in the front axel.

/ Massey ferguson 1020 #4  
I also have a 1020 Hydro 2wd. Has over 1400 Hrs on it. Dad and a brother both have 1020s also. All have been excellent tractors. Like buppy69 says, grab it quick. Although at that price it kinda makes me wonder if she knows something she's not telling or if she just doesn’t know it's value. What kind of shape is the tractor in? Even with only 90 Hrs it couldn’t be hammered that much. Has it spent it's life out side and is weathered bad?
Photos of mine http://www.tractorbynet.com/photos/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=23579

/ Massey ferguson 1020 #5  
For that $3500 how could you go wrong? Did you ask if there was any problems? If it starts, moves, looks good to the eye and so on, get it. IF you find something out later (wont do the work, problems), just sell it for what you paid for it or even MORE. Did she give you a $3500 firm? If not just go in and say something like $3300 or so and see what happens. When I sell something, I am always higher on price so the buyer thinks he/she got me when I sell it for a lower price, buyers love "getting" the seller.

/ Massey ferguson 1020 #6  
Is there anybody out there breaking a MF1020 or MF1010. I am looking for a PTO Clutch (Override) for a FWD, Gear Drive .
The MF number I have for the part is 3281667M92.
Anyone who can help or guide I would appreciate. This tractor I think was originally made by Totosha, and it looked as though Hinomoto took them over. Is that correct? :)

/ Massey ferguson 1020 #7  
Toyosha made the engines for Hinomoto. I think Hinomoto bought them out at some point. Parts are getting harder to find. I have the 1010 and really like it, but mine is a gear drive. I think in the 1010 at least, you want to stay away from the hydro tractors.

/ Massey ferguson 1020 #8  
Parts: Try Shaeffer's Town and Country tractor; google them and you'll find them.

They had most of what I needed for my 1010.

/ Massey ferguson 1020 #9  
Thank you for your response and 'where are they now' . I have sent an e-mail to Shaeffers, and await their reply. I wonder if the Hinomoto tractors ever picked up and used Toyosha components at some point?
Again many thanks your help
:thumbsup:

/ Massey ferguson 1020 #10  
I have a mf 1020 for 20 years with a hardy fel
It is gear drive,4wd with loaded turf tires

I have had an excellent experience with it
Any parts were ordered thru the local M F dealer
Run a 6 foot snow blower ,7 foot grader blade, 5 foot box scraper
and a woods backhoe
I have pulled many logs from the bush,like 30 foot oaks
so power is never a problem