Filters for 1533???

/ Filters for 1533??? #1  

JCS_in_KY

Silver Member
Tractor
Massey Ferguson 1533
Does anyone know the part numbers for the oil and hydraulic / trans filter for a 1533 with 12x12 trans? I tried to look at the hydraulic filter to get a number but unfortunately it was installed prior to painting the trans and the filter was painted along with it so no numbers are visible. I'm approaching 40 hours on my tractor now so I'm trying to prepare for the 50 hour service. I love the tractor so far but unfortunately the service from my dealer has been terrible. They were great until they cashed our check and after that we've had bad service. So I'd perfer to go to another dealer to buy my filters, order them or go with another brand if someone else is making filters for it. Are after market filters available from Wix or another company for the 1500 series or do you have to stick with factory filters?
John

/ Filters for 1533??? #2  
I think they don't have the numbers on them for a reason. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I have been researching the same info for the filter on the GC2300 and have concluded that the Wix Filter numbers are going to be either 51712 or 57110, which are the two filters that are used on a majority of the tractors. Of course the one thing that concerns me is that one has a By-Pass Valve and the other doesn't. However, I believe the correct one should be easy to determine by looking down the hole of the one removed.

Wix Filter Look-up

/ Filters for 1533???
I've looked it up on Wix and Amsoil but couldn't find anything for the 1533, I guess it's too new to be listed. John

/ Filters for 1533??? #4  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I've looked it up on Wix and Amsoil but couldn't find anything for the 1533, I guess it's too new to be listed. John )</font>

I did too, and with that being the case, that is why I provided the two different Wix numbers. The only difference I could tell between the two most popular spin-on filters used on MF tractors is that one has a By-Pass Valve (which I believe you can see in the old filter) and the other doesn't and one has a lower micron rating than the other. The GPM flow, which is important, is the same.

If it's the incorrect filter you should be able to tell almost immediately if the hydraulic system doesn't work. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ Filters for 1533??? #5  
Call 1-800 757-7627, ask for the parts department and tell them you'd like to know if they have the filter you are looking for, the price and the part number. Once you have the MF part number you can visit this place to see if they have the part and have it shipped to you.

The part number for a GC 2300 is 4265229M91 and the
local price for the filter is $28.75.

/ Filters for 1533??? #6  
Hi,
I buy all my filters at my local napa auto parts. They looked up my model MF 1260 and found them all. fuel, air (in and out) trans.
Hope this helps /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ Filters for 1533???
I checked with NAPA and called Wix and didn't have any luck finding filters for my 1533. I guess the 1500 series is too new for the numbers to be out for it yet. I did find a couple of stores that said they could possibly match the filter up with one in their catalog if I was to pull the filter and measure it. We use the tractor at least a few hours a day right now though and can't afford a few days of down time so we decided to go ahead and buy a filter from Massey and then hopefully we can find another source for the next service. The dealer where I bought my tractor wanted 68 dollars for the filter. I got it for 40 from anohter Massey dealer in my area, still seems high but not bad compared to where I got the tractor.
John

/ Filters for 1533??? #8  
Engine- 3609410M1
Fuel-3608255M1
Hydraulic-6241072M1
Air Inner- 6241353M91
Air Outer-3607884M91
Also Oil Filter # Fits About Everything From GC's to Under 33hp Model Compacts

/ Filters for 1533??? #9  
I just left the Napa Dealer and they had all the filters for my 2010 Massey 1533 and the Permalube (Napa Brand) oil for $35 less than the dealer.

Filters matched exactly:

Oil Filter: Napa Gold Series 1394

Fuel Filter: Gold Series 3262

Trans filter: Gold Series 1664

I had to get the Hydro Filter at the dealer and it was $70 AGCO Part # 6241072M1

Attachments

• Oil and filter # for tractor.jpg
    Oil and filter # for tractor.jpg
    307.6 KB · Views: 421
Last edited:
   / Filters for 1533??? #10  
NAPA tried to find me a replacement hydro filter. I took the old one in and he found one in the book, which he said, "was close". But I elected to get the MF filter. There is one thing, which might be unique about the MF filter, for the 1529, at least .... the inner ring (concentric to the seal) is a magnet. I don't know whether this was the thing, which was different or not. Also, I haven't checked the old filter to see, if it would lift off the filter or, if it was cemented on. ??