MF 1235 Front Driveshaft problems! HELP!

/ MF 1235 Front Driveshaft problems! HELP! #1  

clattin

The front drive shaft on my MF 1235 sheared off about an inch back from where it goes into the front axle. For the life of me, I can't figure out how to get the shaft out of the axle! There was a snap ring in there that I took out but I can' t figure out what purpose it serves. There was also a nut that went around the shaft, but again once removed I still can't pull the shaft out. There is no other access to the axle. Any ideas you have would be greatly appreciated!

Thx,
Chris
clattin@yahoo.com

/ MF 1235 Front Driveshaft problems! HELP! #2  
You do have the cover slide back? It should slide one way so that you can take a clip out of the groove and then slide the sleeve the other way so that you can do the same to the other end. After the clips are moved toward the middle, slide the couplers toward the middle and take the drive shaft out.

/ MF 1235 Front Driveshaft problems! HELP! #3  
The front drive shaft on my MF 1235 sheared off about an inch back from where it goes into the front axle. For the life of me, I can't figure out how to get the shaft out of the axle! There was a snap ring in there that I took out but I can' t figure out what purpose it serves. There was also a nut that went around the shaft, but again once removed I still can't pull the shaft out. There is no other access to the axle. Any ideas you have would be greatly appreciated!

Thx,
Chris
clattin@yahoo.com
I assume that since you only received 1 reply telling you how to remove your 4 wheel drive shaft that you aren’t waiting on an answer to this question. I have the exact same problem, my input shaft snapped off where it enters the front axle. Also an MF 1235 did you ever figure out how to remove it and were you able to find a replacement?

/ MF 1235 Front Driveshaft problems! HELP! #4  
The above response is correct for removing the front drive shaft. The tube (cover) is collapsible - just need to remove a bolt I think. Slide the snap rings on either end of the drive shaft to allow you to slide the couplers away from the drive shaft.

/ MF 1235 Front Driveshaft problems! HELP! #5  
I assume that since you only received 1 reply telling you how to remove your 4 wheel drive shaft that you aren’t waiting on an answer to this question. I have the exact same problem, my input shaft snapped off where it enters the front axle. Also an MF 1235 did you ever figure out how to remove it and were you able to find a replacement?
Do you realize the OP was last here in 2011?

/ MF 1235 Front Driveshaft problems! HELP! #6  
Do you realize that the 2nd guy that asked for help on the same question did so this morning ....?

/ MF 1235 Front Driveshaft problems! HELP! #7  
Thank you for replying but our/my question is in reference to the front axle input shaft not the “drive” shaft for 4 wheel drive. This shaft is part of the front axle assembly and has the piñon gear attached.

/ MF 1235 Front Driveshaft problems! HELP! #8  
Thank you for replying but our/my question is in reference to the front axle input shaft not the “drive” shaft for 4 wheel drive. This shaft is part of the front axle assembly and has the piñon gear attached.
Shop manual would have break down diagram... It appears if 1235 is similar to 17xx series after removing drive shaft to front axle that you can unbolt pinion shaft carrier (#11) in diagram and pinion shaft may come right out...

gc17xxfromn pinion.jpg