MF 50 Hydrolic/Transmission Case cracked

/ MF 50 Hydrolic/Transmission Case cracked #1  

mffarmall

Gold Member
Tractor
Farm Pro 2425, MF 50, JD B, Farmall Super MTA
I was plowing and I cracked my hydrolic and transmission case under the seat. It was welded at some point in its life. But it went down today. It's to far gone to reweld and I don't wnat to chase the weld. 3 point stopped working but the axles still go.

Anyone know a good place to order a used case and about how much they cost? All my parts still work just need the housing. But if it all comes together even better to get up and running faster. Plus I will then have spare parts.

/ MF 50 Hydrolic/Transmission Case cracked #2  
I'm assuming you're dealing with a Massey 50, late 50's/early 60's vintage. (I'm thinking there was a MF 50 Industrial somewhere along the line, but I'm not sure. I know there was an MF 20, 30, 40 industrials)

If so, when searching salvage yards,be looking/asking for (1st) the MF 50, but ALSO a FERGUSON F-40 or Massey Harris 50. They are essentially the same tractor. Also, keep in mind, the rear end of that 50 is the SAME EXACT tractor as an MF 35.

You MIGHT find an old 50 with a bad engine. Swap yours into the functional tranny/rear end from that one if you find one. Might save a LOT of time.

Those old 50's are worth the effort to rebuild. Mighty fine tractor for not a lot of cash compared to newer models.

/ MF 50 Hydrolic/Transmission Case cracked
Thank you for the information. I have a neighbor that is retired. I asked him if he would mind working on it. He really wanted to get his hands on it. MF-50 is the same back end as 35 good information.

/ MF 50 Hydrolic/Transmission Case cracked #4  
Probably a day late and a dollar short, but I'll tell you anyway. There WAS a rear end/transmission/hydraulic pump for a 35 listed for sale on Ebay last week. I didn't follow it too close, so I don't know IF or for how much it sold for. Those old 35's are plentiful. You shoudn't have much trouble locating one. Good luck! I LOVE those old 50's. I grew up on one. Got a 150 now.