Outdoor wood boiler project

/ Outdoor wood boiler project #1  

hockeypuck

Silver Member
Tractor
Excavator Samsung SE130LCM
Just wanted to show you what the tractor and I have been up to:

I am putting in a wood boiler. Pad is ready, still tring to figure out which one to buy. The last picture is a nice family portrait.

Puck

Attachments

• P1010019.JPG
    P1010019.JPG
    70.3 KB · Views: 1,212
  • P1010021.JPG
    P1010021.JPG
    79.5 KB · Views: 934
  • P1010022.JPG
    P1010022.JPG
    79.5 KB · Views: 927
  • P1010023.JPG
    P1010023.JPG
    78.2 KB · Views: 890
  • P1010024.JPG
    P1010024.JPG
    72.2 KB · Views: 922
  • P1010025.JPG
    P1010025.JPG
    80 KB · Views: 1,100
   / Outdoor wood boiler project #2  
Looks great so far. Id be interested in more pics when you get it going. A big investment initially. But I'm sure in the future years you'll look back and appreciate it. I saw one come down the road the other day on the By- pass.
I haven't seen many posts about them. But there are a couple in My town that have them. One is a dairy farm, and its always smokin.Plus I assume you don't have to split as much.
Allan

/ Outdoor wood boiler project #3  
I think the Woodmaster is the best. We just bought 2 of the 5500's. We start installing them Monday. They say the worst part of the whole installation is digging the ditches to run the water lines. They will sure save a lot of money over heating with propane like we have been doing and we have 2200 acres so we'll never have to worry about running out of wood.

/ Outdoor wood boiler project
Wood master is one of the two finalists. The other one is the Central Boiler. I am leaning twords the Woodmaster because of the forced draft. I think it will burn green wood better and not smolder as much as the CB. I was looking at the 4400 size.

Puck

/ Outdoor wood boiler project #6  
hockeypuck said:
...I am putting in a wood boiler. Pad is ready, still tring to figure out which one to buy...
Puck

I would think long & hard about how close to the house to put it.

I looked into these about a year ago, and they can be prodigious smoke producers. And, the smoke is more obnoxious than your usual wood smoke.

Forced draft is good, probably the best way to reduce smoke, but the base culprit is the fact that the firebox walls are water-cooled and combustion is at a lower temperature than an ordinary wood stove.

You can probably put it anywhere you want legally, but not too close to a neighbor would be very courteous. With 2200 acres that shouldn't be a problem.

/ Outdoor wood boiler project #7  
Ductape said:
2200 acres !! Isnt that a country ??
Seems that way at first but once you get used to it it seems kindah small.

And I thought 30 arcres was enough to take care of.

Jesssh.

Puck.

wood master it is.

The 4400 is on its way. Hope to have some pictures after it is in place.

Puck

/ Outdoor wood boiler project #10  
What all brands did you look at?