Steering Wheel Play GC2310

/ Steering Wheel Play GC2310 #1  

thing181

Bronze Member
Greetings All-

Have only had my "new to me" GC2310 tractor a couple days and have noticed that the steering wheel has a lot of play in it. Not slop while steering, but rather movement in its mounted position. I did some inspecting last night and it appears that the steering wheel mounts to four rubber grommets with steel spacers inside. I assume this is for vibration dampening, but the play seems to be excessive. Wasn’t sure if this is a unique situation or if others had similar movement. Mechanically everything works just fine, but it just seems strange when you grab the steering wheel and it can move almost an inch from side to side or front to back........
Maybe the steel spacers are supposed to be attached to the grommets and they have broken free??? I will do some more investigating....

/ Steering Wheel Play GC2310 #2  
There Should Be Rubber Washer Type Bushings Between The Frame & The Steering Unit, Probably One Or More Cracked Or Came Out. Pretty Easy Fix. P/N 4260080M1

/ Steering Wheel Play GC2310 #3  
I have seem this happen before with tractors and even some trucks.
It can come from grabing the wheel and pulling all your weight on it to get into the seat. Those who mount the machine this way BEWARE! Modify your routine so as to grab the wheel but, NOT pull on it.