First Scratch

/ First Scratch #1  

mark4Jesus

Silver Member
Tractor
2021 Branson 2610h
My 1433v is 2 yrs. old, I have had it since this past Feburary. It did not have a scratch on it when I got it. The previous owner Bush Hogged fields only with it. I was Bush Hoggin' in the woods next to my house Tuesday and she got her first scratch. It is actually more like a smudge on the decal on the side of the hood. But as always, after the first scratch, I get over it and am less concerned about it, and ready to work harder! I have a lot of clearing to do to get ready for some minature sheep coming around March next year. Oh well, on to more scratches!

/ First Scratch #2  
I hate the thought of the first scratch, but isn't it a relief when its finally done? I bought my tractor used and the left fender has a small dent in it, and the step is a little bent, it bugged me at first but I have gotten used to it. I do not have a place to keep it under cover yet so she gets exposed to the weather. My wife did catch me waxing the hood one day though, she just nodded her head and laughed. I may buy one of those portable garages until I put up a garage in a year or so.

Dennis

/ First Scratch #3  
Yep, I waxed my tractor about 4 times and my wife wanted to know why I didn't wax her truck. (Truck is outside tractor is inside) Oh and I power washed it after every use. Now it gets put away muddy and gets cleaned the first weekend of each month. Since I added the Bh last weekend I have been moving rocks and dreging the side of the pond. Lots of mud.
2 hrs. seat time every night. There will be many more scratches and you will enjoy all the seat time.
Have fun
Phil

/ First Scratch #4  
Yep the first scratch is a bummer, but wait if you are like me and use your tools as tools, not abusing them but working them hard and having an oops now and then.

A scratch is nothing, I cracked a headlight, moving stumps when one rolled back.

Dented the screen mesh in the front when a stump rolled back.

Put a stick into the radiator, that then pushed into the fan. That was $400 in parts.

So many scratches from branches, I don't even want to look anymore.

steve

/ First Scratch #5  
Yep, just got my new mahindra 2015 and was tearing down an old stone outdoor fireplace and a large piece of concrete + rock came down on top of the bucket, bent a hydraulic line, gouged the paint. Ouch!! I had 6 hrs on it. I can't tell you how many times I've read on this website of people doing things like that. Guess it's broke in now!!

/ First Scratch
Dennis, I got one of those aluminum carports for mine, plus some of the attachments. Sure beats throwing plastic over it! It was $695 installed and well worth it.

/ First Scratch #7  
wnymudd said:
Yep, just got my new mahindra 2015 and was tearing down an old stone outdoor fireplace and a large piece of concrete + rock came down on top of the bucket, bent a hydraulic line, gouged the paint. Ouch!! I had 6 hrs on it. I can't tell you how many times I've read on this website of people doing things like that. Guess it's broke in now!!

6 hours...must be nice! I couldn't believe when my dealer told me to take the 1533 (that I ended up buying) home and try it out. Wow, what a risk for them! I have lotsa rocks of every size and shape, so I was moving some out of my way to see what she could do. I found one that she was struggling with (about 3' diameter) and I rocked the bucket back to roll it in and by the loud "BANG!!!" when it landed I knew it was bad...actually bent the top of the bucket! Fortunately, I was so impressed with everything else that I never bothered to take it back, or test drive the NH30? that I was going to compare the 1533 to! I also felt better about bending the bucket after I signed the papers and actually bought it! Thought about saying no thanks...then coming back later after "changing my mind" and getting one with a straight bucket...

/ First Scratch #8  
I just got my GC2310 yesterday and I don't want to even think about getting a scratch on it. I don't even want to get the buckets dirty. I got a little mud on the tires and had to dig out the pressure washer. I had to fold the ROPS to get it into the garage and made a couple of Styrofoam “pads” so it can rest on the outrigger without scratching it. Maybe it is the $16k price tag or the newness of it, but I am sure once I put it to work, that will all change.

/ First Scratch #9  
scratched my new 1428 this past week also, but scratched the truck bed at the same time...:eek: . Was loading the box blade into the bed of the truck because it is to wide to go into the trailer, dropped it a little to quick and when I caught it the rear of the tractor came up, allowing it to move foward into the side of the truck. Now I load that heavy bugger ( 84" woods ) in 4wd so it'll sit still if that happens again. Its all in a good days work though.

DuaneW.