Info & advice needed on a MF135

/ Info & advice needed on a MF135 #1  

ruready1

Tractor
Ford 8N
Well, our 8N is now officially sold! I thought we were going to a Asian compact but with the addition of two more ponies we're needing a round bale capable model on the cheap. I found a gas powered MF135 w/a heavy duty Freeman loader. It has 1100hrs and the dealer says it runs great. Original paint shows that it has been pampered. Anything that I need to know about these??? He says they all had a diff lock. Is this correct? I hope so as we need it (as a minimum). Is it beefy enough to move 4x5 round bales around?

Thanks,
Mike

/ Info & advice needed on a MF135 #2  
ruready1 said:
Well, our 8N is now officially sold! I thought we were going to a Asian compact but with the addition of two more ponies we're needing a round bale capable model on the cheap. I found a gas powered MF135 w/a heavy duty Freeman loader. It has 1100hrs and the dealer says it runs great. Original paint shows that it has been pampered. Anything that I need to know about these??? He says they all had a diff lock. Is this correct? I hope so as we need it (as a minimum). Is it beefy enough to move 4x5 round bales around?

Thanks,
Mike

Get to know Big Dean Austin.

Big Dean's Massey Ferguson tips

Get his CD on the 100 series. Visit his website. He'll tell you all the things you need to check.

Get the owners, service, and parts manuals from AGCO/Massey Ferguson. Skip I&T manual. Not very good on Masseys.

Watch the front axle center pivot. Loaders on 135's will wear that out quick.

If you're interested, I've got a couple good connections with folks that specialize in Masseys that live not too far from you. PM me if you need their names.

LOVE THOSE MASSEY'S!!!!

Attachments

• octflint2.JPG
    octflint2.JPG
    149.6 KB · Views: 278
  • octflint5.JPG
    octflint5.JPG
    145.4 KB · Views: 279
   / Info & advice needed on a MF135 #3  
ruready1 said:

Thanks,
Mike

I bought a 1966 MF-135 diesel last July. It's an orchard tractor. Doesn't have a diff lock.

http://www.tractorbynet.com/photos/showphoto.php/photo/3811

My 135 has about 4600 hours on the clock, runs OK, needs some sheet metal work, cleaning, servicing and repainting.

/ Info & advice needed on a MF135 #4  
Farmwithjunk said:
Get to know Big Dean Austin.

Big Dean's Massey Ferguson tips

Get his CD on the 100 series. Visit his website. He'll tell you all the things you need to check.

Get the owners, service, and parts manuals from AGCO/Massey Ferguson. Skip I&T manual. Not very good on Masseys.

Watch the front axle center pivot. Loaders on 135's will wear that out quick.

If you're interested, I've got a couple good connections with folks that specialize in Masseys that live not too far from you. PM me if you need their names.

LOVE THOSE MASSEY'S!!!!

FWJ: are those photos of your recently repainted MF-150? Sure looks great.

/ Info & advice needed on a MF135 #5  
flusher said:
FWJ: are those photos of your recently repainted MF-150? Sure looks great.

I still have to re-paint the hood. It didn't turn out like I wanted on round one. I've also bought a NOS grill off of EBAY. gonna install it when the hood is off. Then it's time to mount the ROPS and canopy, then re-install remote hydraulics. After that, ?????

Not done yet.........

Will it EVER be done?

Last edited:
   / Info & advice needed on a MF135 #6  
I have owned a half-dozen 135's and one 235. None of them had a differential lock. I think the 175 I owned did have it.

/ Info & advice needed on a MF135 #7  
ruready1 said:

Thanks,
Mike

Diff lock was an option, I just looked in my operators manuel.