Perkins AD3-152 Question

/ Perkins AD3-152 Question #1  

MichaelE

Tractor
Kubota B 2910
My 1983 Model 240 utility has the AD3-152 engine. The clock shows 3300 hrs. It starts and runs fine but just recently has started to pump oil out the dipstick tube when started cold. After it warms up a little it quits doing this. I've had this tractor for about 2 yrs. and it's never done this before. Common sense would tell me that the crank case is building up excessive pressure, but the vent tube on the front of the rocker arm cover appears open as smoke flows freely while it's running. Is this the beginning of a major problem? This is the first diesel I have ever owned. Any help would be appreciated.

/ Perkins AD3-152 Question #2  
MichaelE said:
My 1983 Model 240 utility has the AD3-152 engine. The clock shows 3300 hrs. It starts and runs fine but just recently has started to pump oil out the dipstick tube when started cold. After it warms up a little it quits doing this. I've had this tractor for about 2 yrs. and it's never done this before. Common sense would tell me that the crank case is building up excessive pressure, but the vent tube on the front of the rocker arm cover appears open as smoke flows freely while it's running. Is this the beginning of a major problem? This is the first diesel I have ever owned. Any help would be appreciated.

There's a litany of possible causes. To help narrow it down somewhat, I'd suggest contacting "DA MAN" on Masseys. Big Dean Austin. He can give you specifics for that engine.

A few years back, I had a 245 Massey that I fixed up and resold. It had a stuck pressure relief on the oil pump. In addition to pinning the oil pressure gauge, it often pumped oil out the dipstick. However, this one did it worse once warmed up and running.

Big Dean's Massey Ferguson tips