Pat's Easy Change System

/ Pat's Easy Change System #1  

coolhl7

Bronze Member
Tractor
MF1540HST
Has anyone put one on their 1540 or 1533?
If so any problems with the length of the top link or
PTO shaft length?
Thanks.

/ Pat's Easy Change System #2  
I have put it on my 1433v. I had no problems with the top link or PTO shafts. It added about 4 inches. I am not sure if there is or how much difference there is between 1433's and 1533's on the 3PH dimensions. Jerry G has a 1540 so he would probably know for sure.

/ Pat's Easy Change System
mark4Jesus said:
I have put it on my 1433v. I had no problems with the top link or PTO shafts. It added about 4 inches. I am not sure if there is or how much difference there is between 1433's and 1533's on the 3PH dimensions. Jerry G has a 1540 so he would probably know for sure.

Has it worked well for you???

/ Pat's Easy Change System #4  
It's been great! If you have to hook up implements by yourself, it is a breeze. It is so much faster. When I bought it I thought that it would be nicer, but I didn't realize how nice. I smile everytime I use it. After fighting with hooking up to the pins, or jump on the tractor, move it a little, get off the tractor and find out I moved it too much or not enough, back on the tractor, etc.............. I haven't heard anybody complain about them at all here. To me, it is well worth the money.

/ Pat's Easy Change System #5  
Although I have a GC2300, I can attest to Pat's system. I suggest getting the stabilizer bar and mark it for different width implements. I did add a longer top link which was only necessary for one of my attachments.

I did manage to break the stabilizer bar within a couple days due to stupidity however. I laid the longer top link on it and later raised the 3pt and it did a nice job of breaking it.

One other thing, if you have alot of implements you can purchase extra washers so all your implements can be setup for the system without moving pins and washers around.

My brother helped me build a shed over the summer and brought his NH TC30. For his assistance I bought another Pat's system for him.

Now if we could just get a system to address the top link...

/ Pat's Easy Change System #6  
The stabilizer bar is a must! I put Pat's system on my 1433v w/o the stabilizer and the vibration and bouncing of the implements always popped the implement off the lift arms. The keepers that come with system will not hold the implement on w/o the bar.

With the bar, the system works great.

/ Pat's Easy Change System
I thought the stabilizer bar was just to keep the lower links a predetermined distance apart to line up properly with the implement when backing up.
the spring loaded lock in each hook should keep the implement from bouncing out during transport or operation from what I see in the ad.

/ Pat's Easy Change System #8  
I thought the stabilizer bar was just to keep the lower links a predetermined distance apart to line up properly with the implement when backing up.
the spring loaded lock in each hook should keep the implement from bouncing out during transport or operation from what I see in the ad.Yesterday 05:28 PM

Yes and yes. I have run them with and without the stabilizer bar with no problem.

Also be sure that the latch is fully extended to hold the implement's pin in place. More than once I have left them disengaged. :eek:

BTW: If there was anything I would change about these things is how the latch is held disengaged. I would use a ratcheting or locking lever instead of the bolt that is used as a standoff to hold the disengaging lever.

/ Pat's Easy Change System #9  
mark4Jesus said:

I am almost 100% sure Jerry has a 1440.

/ Pat's Easy Change System #10  
Steve,
You are correct! Jerry has a 1440. I have never had an implement pop off of the lift arms. I don't have the stabilizer bar, and haven't had that problem. The washers and hitch pins have never failed on me.