Tractor
GC 2310
I live in Northeast Ohio

And it is still snowing
Soon there will be NO place to push it to
I have turf tires and they work great I though I may have needed
chains but not so...
I have the 2340 hyd blade and it is soo nice to just be able to
change the angle of the blade with just one hand....
We had 14in. of snow just yesterday...
300 hours on the 2310 and it has been a great tractor...

DougM

/ Gc 2310 Snow Plow #2  
I have been considering purchasing a snow plow but I am wondering if I should just get the snowblower? Have you used a snowblower on your machine? How much snow are you dealing with in your area?
Last night we got about 10-12" and I am cleaning three driveways (enough parking for about 25 cars) with my FEL. So far this year we have not had a lot of snow so it has been working ok, but I think a snow plow or snowblower would make things much easier and quicker.
Also, do you know if the snowblower and the snow blade use the same subframe? I believe I read that somewhere.....
Would you mind telling us what you paid for your snow plow and what was requried to hook it up.
Anybody have thoughts on a 3 pt. snowblower?
Thanks for your thoughts and comments,
Paul

/ Gc 2310 Snow Plow #3  
I'm currently building a snow plow to mount in place of my FEL bucket. I wanted to buy the Massey Blade, but I have two front blades, on from an old Power King tractor and one from a Craftsman garden tractor and cannot justify the cost. I'll have to manually angle both, but I'll save $1400.00

/ Gc 2310 Snow Plow #4  
I spent the first winter clearing snow with the FEL and rear blade. I bolted an oak strip on the FEL so it wouldn't tear up the blacktop on my driveway. It was fun at first but the more snow we got the more of a pain it was to push the snow around. At least I could use the FEL to pick the snow up and move it somewhere else.

Last year I bought the front mounted snowblower and, with the winter we had, only got to use it once. But I am havin a real blast this winter:D . With the snowblower, I don't have to worry about the snow building up along the driveway (it shoots it about 10 feet or more depending on how packed it is). Of course you are going to pay more for the blower but when I see guys out there with snow blades struggling with the pile of snow that can eventually become a pile of ice (like I am sure it will today), I'm glad I paid the difference.

/ Gc 2310 Snow Plow #5  
Anybody have detailed pics of the snow blade or snowblower?
Curious as to how it attaches and the general construction.

Thanks,

/ Gc 2310 Snow Plow #7  
Rob2310 said:
1*I'm currently building a snow plow to mount in place of my FEL bucket.
2*I have two front blades,
3*one from an old Power King tractor
4* one from a Craftsman garden tractor

1*Why not just clamp one of the blades you have to your FEL bucket?
It's quicker simpler and easier than taking the bucket and blade off and putting them back on.
2*I do to. But I'm not going to try cobbling one of them up to fit the FEL on the bx23.
If I need a blade I'll just use the Bolens or The Cub Cadet with the blade already on it.
3*One is on my 1966 Bolens 850 tractor.
4*The other one is on my new CC 2554 .
Guess I've done it a little different than you:
Instead of trying to put the Blade on the tractor - I've already put the tractor on the blade

Last edited:
   / Gc 2310 Snow Plow #8  
What blower did you get?

I got the MF2360 and it works great. There is an electric shoot control option that I didn't get. It would be convenient but using the hand crank isn't a big deal.

For the first time I had to put the tractor in low range when blowing snow this morning. There was a layer of ice on the snow and it loaded the engine pretty good but I don't have a pile of ice along the driveway (it's over in the yard somewhere;)) .

/ Gc 2310 Snow Plow #9  
DougM said:
1*I live in Northeast Ohio

And it is still snowing
2*Soon there will be NO place to push it to
I have turf tires and they work great I though I may have needed
chains but not so...
I have the 2340 hyd blade and it is soo nice to just be able to
change the angle of the blade with just one hand....
We had 14in. of snow just yesterday...
300 hours on the 2310 and it has been a great tractor...

DougM

1*How far are you from Cleveland or the Canton areas?
2*That is where the FEL comes in handy.

/ Gc 2310 Snow Plow #10  
LBrown59

I'm not cobbling anything up
I'm making mounts that are identical to the mounts on my FEL bucket and then will weld them to a piece of 4 inch channel. I'll weld another piece of channel centered and perpendicular to the other, which will extend forward about 18 inches. I will then attach the Craftsman blade to the piece of channel via a bolt and pin. This is how the blade originally mounted when it was on the Craftsman Tractor. I later used is on a fourwheeler using the same piece of channel. So I figure one day, a little bit of work and I have a snow plow.

I'm afraid to mount this blade, via a piece of channel to the bottom of my FEL bucket, as i might bend it.

I think it will look pretty good painted red.