Engine Heater Massey GC2300

/ Engine Heater Massey GC2300 #1  

bigdogs

Has anyone ever installed a engine heater on a Massey GC2300? The dealer priced one to me with me installing and the cost seems high just for a part; $90.00, I don't know if there is enough clearence to put in a frost plug heater after I remove the plug. If anyone has installed one please give me parts numbers or whatever and how it worked for you. Thanks

/ Engine Heater Massey GC2300 #2  
I paid $94 for the heater. p/n N4269250M91.

It was very easy to install. I think I may have had to remove the grille. Then just punch out the core plug, put some grease on the o-ring to the heater, and bolt it in. The block has a threaded hole that accepts the bolt for the heater assembly. Reading the instructions about three times to make sure I did everything right, it took about 45 minutes.

I've put block heaters in a few cars before, and this was far easier than any one of those.

Don't think you could put a plug back in it very easily if you decided to do that. I'm not sure why you would want to, though.

/ Engine Heater Massey GC2300
What I meant was that I did not want to remove the freeze plug and then find out there was not enough clearence for a standard block heater. Was the part a Massey Ferguson part or from another manufacture company?
I use a magnetic block heater to keep the hyd. system warm.

/ Engine Heater Massey GC2300 #4  
Sorry, I misread your post.

The part came in an AGCO box. There was plenty of clearance to fit the part in. The instructions included some comments about how the installation would differ if it was going in a zero turn mower or something, but it was definitely designed for the Iseki engine block.

/ Engine Heater Massey GC2300 #5  
An off the shelf block heater will not work because of the shallow depth. The cylinder wall is right behind the frost plug. Need to order the one from MF.

/ Engine Heater Massey GC2300 #6  
I think the AGCO and MF are the same Iseki engines.

Jim

/ Engine Heater Massey GC2300 #7  
I'm not sure if the photos will attach, but this is how the Massey (AGCO / Iseki) part is mounted. It goes right above the oil filter. Works wonders here in northern Minnesota.

Attachments

• gc2300 block heater.JPG
    gc2300 block heater.JPG
    439.9 KB · Views: 744
  • gc2300 heater close.JPG
    gc2300 heater close.JPG
    331.1 KB · Views: 576
   / Engine Heater Massey GC2300
Hey Buckwheat; I really appreciate the post with photos, now I can get a better idea of the mounting & understanding of the higher cost for the unit. Do you leave the unit plugged in all the time during cold weather or do you plug it in a few hours before use.

/ Engine Heater Massey GC2300 #9  
bigdogs... I am down here in Florida, so I don't need a heater, but when I lived up in NY all I did was put the heater on a heavy duty timer the night before I was going to do any work.

Say if you think you are going to go to work out side around 9am just set the timer to come on at around 4am, 4 hrs is plenty of time to get the block warmed up. But I guess this really doesn't help if you don't have a set work time.

/ Engine Heater Massey GC2300 #10  
I try to plug it in for four hours. Anything over that seems to have little impact. Sometimes I only manage an hour or so. It's garaged, and it rarely drops below 10 degrees F in the garage, so it has always started plugged in or not. Four hours of preheating really makes starting a lot easier though.