HST troubles

/ HST troubles #1  

Fishguy

Silver Member
Tractor
NH TC30 HST
I have a MF 1230 HST. For a quick history, I bought it used Jan. '06 with 500 hrs. on it. I had it in the shop this past January for a scheduled servicing. At that time I was having trouble with the PTO not staying engaged. Service said they "adjusted the linkage" and it was engaging. Went to do some mowing a week ago and the same problem came back, PTO disengages itself and gears grind.
This past weekend I was using the tractor to level out some dirt I had brought in, and was relocating some when all of sudden no more movement. Engine runs fine and the FEL works as advertized. No forward or reverse.
Does the HST have a seperate hydraulic pump for the tranny? It seems that there is no hydraulic pressure, I don't "feel" it the pedal. I don't see how, but can the PTO have an effect on it? And the ever popular question, does anybody have a "WAG" as to what and how much $ am I looking at?
I am also in desperate need of manuals for this tractor. Are there any shop/maintenance manuals availible to the public for this tractor? I have the users manual and the parts manual is in route but can't find a shop/maintenance manual for it. I bought the "service" manual from SSB but that was a total waste of money. The only info on the PTO was a cut-away drawing of the system.

Hard down in NC,
Steve

/ HST troubles #2  
Fishguy said:
Are there any shop/maintenance manuals availible to the public for this tractor? I have the users manual and the parts manual is in route but can't find a shop/maintenance manual for it. I bought the "service" manual from SSB but that was a total waste of money. The only info on the PTO was a cut-away drawing of the system.
The best manuals at the best prices for what you get are at your Massey dealer. MFs prices for their manuals are the lowest of any of the major manufactures and they are the best manuals for your tractor.