gc2310 reconnecting BH

/ gc2310 reconnecting BH #1  

tccontender

Tractor
GC2310
Having issues aligning both pull pins on BH. One side lines up perfectly but the other is 1/4 hole off. Tried all configurations with bucket arm position, stablizers, etc. but can not get them to realign. Anyone else run across this? And where can I get 12" hose extensions?

/ gc2310 reconnecting BH #2  
You should be able to lower the hoe on to the lower supports and curl the upper part of the mount until the holes for the pins line up. sometimes due to parts bing slightly out of tolerance alignment can be difficult. The problem your having is odd if the lower section is seated properly on the mounts you should be closer than 1/4 pin width. Check the mounts to be sure that they are clean and nothing has been wedged between the mount and the hoe. If not there must be a magic combination of moves you have not found that will get it to align assuming that it was on there before. Try swinging the hoe to one side and using the hoe to get the last pin to align?
I had a spacing problem with the upper mounts they were 1/4" wider than the opening for them in the hoe. I finally resorted to an adjustment with a 20 lb sledge hammer and it goes on and off easily now.
Hose extensions can be made up at your friendly dealer or Tractor Supply Co.

/ gc2310 reconnecting BH
Thanks Ray,
Yes the hoe was on before. I just bought the 2310 used ( 2005 w/35 hrs) from a dealer and don't have the manual yet. Seems like the hoe has to come back towards the tractor more on the right side. I can feel that there is still clearance between the 3/8 sq guide blocks and the boss, so that isn't interfering. It's almost like the hoe housing is tweeked but I see no signs of stretching or bent metal.

/ gc2310 reconnecting BH #4  
I have been parking my hoe on the backside of the garage whis is on a little bit of a grade. There has been a couple of times hooking it up that I have run into the same delima... It just took a little playing with it to get it to line up. You may want to try unhooking the other pin and start over by hooking the troubled pin in first. Also check the receiver hook to make sure there is no debris on it.

/ gc2310 reconnecting BH #5  
tccontender
I too have a problem with the backhoe lining up, one pin is nice and easy to take out and the other is in there tighter than a tick, have to beat it with a hammer to even move it. So...I have not taken the BH off for fear of not being able to get it back on. I use the BH for stumping etc and don't want to get into a situation where I can't get it back on, but someday it WILL be taken off so I am very interested in what you find as a solution. I too am looking for some hydro hoses to extend the reach as several posts mentioned that the hoses are too short for comfort when attaching and de-attaching. The pins on the FEL are nice and easy to move and don't think I will have a problem there. Let us know how this turns out. I bought my lil' red with 214 hours on it have put 40 more on it, love this little machine.

/ gc2310 reconnecting BH #6  
If it is the pin like I think it is, you can put the teeth straight down in the dirt with a little pressure. Don't put very much down pressure or it will torque it the wrong way. Then swing it to the opposite side from the pin side. Don't swing it very much. Then you can usually get the pin in.

/ gc2310 reconnecting BH #7  
I wouldn't fear taking the BH off. I have had mine off 2-3 times already in hte first couple of weeks. All of the previous advice is very good. I also stash the BH somewhere it isn't so level and it takes just a little jockeying with the controls to line everything up. The largest factor that I can see is making sure that it is sitting flush in the lower brackets prior to trying to put the pins in. Also when you estend the hoe to remove the BH make sure that it is extended straight out to the rear rather than cocked to one side or the other. My biggest issue was getting the 3PH to fold back up to put the BH back on.

/ gc2310 reconnecting BH #8  
it just takes a little jockying it around.... dont be afraid to use the outriggers or other hydraulics to move it around.

/ gc2310 reconnecting BH #9  
I had the same problem all it took was a wire brush to the lower connection points and the BH went right on like when it was new. It does not take much debri on the lower points to throw the holes off.

/ gc2310 reconnecting BH #10  
One trick I've found on my BX backhoe which mounts very much like yours is to use the boom swing (at very low rpm) to wiggle things into place. Sometimes the misalignment is more angular than right, or left. That and cleaning the mounts with a wire brush as stated in the previous post have been the two things that help the most..... good luck, and it will get easy with practice