1433 Front Wheels

/ 1433 Front Wheels #1  

mark4Jesus

Silver Member
Tractor
2021 Branson 2610h
I was looking at the tractor the other day and noticed that the front wheels do not have the same angle on them, i.e. top a little wider than the bottom. I think this is called the "toe in"? Looking at the front of the tractor, the right wheel has more toe in, the angle from veritcal is greater that the left wheel. This is the wheel that the power steering actuator connects to. It doesn't look as though there is a way to adjust this angle. Is it normal for the toe in to be different between the front wheels?
I'll try to get a picture of what I'm talking about. Not sure that I have explained it very well.

/ 1433 Front Wheels #2  
mark4Jesus said:
I was looking at the tractor the other day and noticed that the front wheels do not have the same angle on them, i.e. top a little wider than the bottom. I think this is called the "toe in"? Looking at the front of the tractor, the right wheel has more toe in, the angle from veritcal is greater that the left wheel. This is the wheel that the power steering actuator connects to. It doesn't look as though there is a way to adjust this angle. Is it normal for the toe in to be different between the front wheels?
I'll try to get a picture of what I'm talking about. Not sure that I have explained it very well.
It has positive camber. Toe is how close the tire is front to back. I would think that the difference would almost have to be an optical illusion. Both sides should be the same. There is no way to adjust this angle.

/ 1433 Front Wheels #3  
Mine (1433) look somewhat like that.
but when you put weight on it (FEL), they seem to look straight
the tires wear evenly
I don't lose any sleep over it. ;)

/ 1433 Front Wheels #4  
I know what you are looking at and yes they are a bit out at the top then the bottom, but don't worry this is very normal on "most" tractors. This way when making left or right turns the wheel will straighten out and make turner a bit easier and when going straight, this setup makes the front wheels dig in a "bit" for traction... Remember 99.9% of the time you are in dirt not pavement like you would be in a car, with that said, think about the old cars\truck with solid straight axles they were the same way as the axle in your tractor, but that setup was for a "give and take" for load on the front and steering.

/ 1433 Front Wheels
Sometimes when I look at it I think that it is off and other times they look the same. I think it may be, as Jerry said, an optical illusion. As I think about it it may depend on when it is on and off the concrete drive. I'll try to take photo tomorrow. Thanks for the replies.

/ 1433 Front Wheels #6  
Mark, Your optical "conclusion" is perhaps enhanced by the possibility that your may not be looking at your tractor on a perfectly level spot.. ;) Have you checked your air pressure?:eek:

Hope I can sleep tonight....

/ 1433 Front Wheels
Nasty,
That is a very good question to which the answer is no. I will check that this evening. A friend of mine bought a Mahindra 6000 4WD with a FEL and BH that I have to go touch first!

/ 1433 Front Wheels #8  
Afternoon Mark,
As Jerry stated, toe in is the amount the front tires are turned in towards each other. This is usually no more than a 1/4" and keeps the front tires from wondering while going straight.

What I think your talking about is the camber of the tire in relation to the ground. You can actually see what this by parking the tractor on a level concrete floor and use a carpenters square next to the side of the tire or rim.
As Jerry stated earlier this cannot be changed.