Added toothbar to my GC2300

/ Added toothbar to my GC2300 #1  

loulblades

Gold Member
Tractor
MF GC2300
I wish I had known what a toothbar on my FEL would do for me when I bought my 2300. I guess if I had read this forum more before I bought it last year I would have known.

Anyway my MF dealer ordered a Woods toothbar which I installed last night. I have alot of clay to deal with and what a difference it makes. In the short time I used it I was able to do some real damage. We are doing some landscaping and it works great for rough raking the topsoil.

If I would buy another tractor (I would really like a tach and cruise control like on the 2005 2300) I would definitely get the toothbar right off.

If MF also puts a temperature gauge on the 2300, I might have to buy a new one.

This weekend is going to be even more fun than last. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ Added toothbar to my GC2300 #2  
I'm glad to hear you are having success with your toothbar, I'm planning to make that my next purchase for my 2310.

In case anyone was wondering, like I was, the tachometer on the new G2300/2310 tractors isn't something that's retrofitable. Well, at least not sanely /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif, it's direct mechanical drive off of the camshaft /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif. I just looked at a new one at my local dealer a couple of days ago.
Terry

/ Added toothbar to my GC2300
Isn't that nice, you have to buy a new tractor to get a tach.

Anyway I just cannot believe the capability increase with this toothbar. I have a 6 foot wide (about 75 ft long) line of brush and small trees that need to be removed and had contacted our tree "guy" to get a quote. Last night I thought I would give it a shot and I think I paid for the bar the second day it was on the tractor.

My fun quotient just made an exponential jump.

Totally, and unbelievably, awesome!!! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Added toothbar to my GC2300 #4  
Dude, you're making me think about getting a tooth bar for my MF1220 FEL...

Dave

/ Added toothbar to my GC2300 #5  
davesisk, With a toothbar you will think you have a small dozer /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif It will dig quite a bit more aggressively especially w/4WD .. and you can pop roots with an individual tooth also if you don't have bucket hooks you can hang a chain over the teeth to carry or lift something with the FEL that won't fit in the bucket /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ Added toothbar to my GC2300 #6  
Hmmm...who's a supplier you'd recommend for a lightweight tooth bar? My bucket is exactly 48". Do you prefer bolt-on or weld-on? I weld as a hobby, so no problems welding it on. However, I'm thinking a bolt-on is removable (which could be nice), but I'm not sure if it would be as sturdy? (Of course, I'm wondering how often I'd ever remove it...possibly never, I dunno...)

Dave

/ Added toothbar to my GC2300
As I previously mentioned, my toothbar is from Woods but several others have been posted on this sight. Mine looks pretty heavy duty and I have done some serious damage with it. You provide a width measurement on the inside of your bucket about 8" from the leading edge. For mine I had to drill 2 3/4" holes to mount. I also put anti-sieze on the bolts and plenty of grease on the metal to metal contacts.

Now the bad news.

I was removing brush and small trees yesterday when I ran over a part of a stump left from yanking out a small tree. One of my front tires was no longer able to contain the liquid filling.

I dropped the tire off at my dealer this morning and he said for about $75 they could fill it with foam. It would provide about the same weight as the liquid and I wouldn't have to worry about the tire going flat again. He also said that once they put in, it takes about 24 hours to cure. Anyone here have this done?

Right now my fun is on hold (not to mention mowing the grass). /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

/ Added toothbar to my GC2300 #8  
Dave , I got mine a 60" from markham for about $200 a yr ago. Bolt on is best IMO for obvious reasons ,I just took mine off to do some loader work with gravel /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif...
Also with markham they will deliver to a business for less shipping than to a residence and if they deliverer misses the promised date they refund the shipping which is how I got mine a little cheaper a day later /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

As lou said measure about 8" back inside and thats all they need to make one for you... Good Luck

Lou, I have read here on TBN that the foam filled is definately a good option for a problem area ie: lots of thorns or tire hazards and those who have used it have good results with no complaints.

/ Added toothbar to my GC2300 #9  
Mine is a bolt on and I am very happy with it as I DO take it off at time's.

I also have the front tires foam fill on my GC 2310 and I like them..........
DougM

/ Added toothbar to my GC2300 #10  
have you found any advantage with the foam fronts?