McCormick IH 56 2 Row Corn Planter

/ McCormick IH 56 2 Row Corn Planter #1  

Luremaker

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota L3130HST & NH TC18
I found a used McCormick IH 2 Row 56 Corn Planter today. It looks to be in good condition. I forgot my camera so no photo. There are 2 plastic seed containers and one large metal fertilizer box. The guy is asking $400 CAD. There are about 10 different seed plates included. The owner said he just replaced the hydraulic cylinder and hoses. I can't seem to find any info on Google about this planter. Anyone have any knowledge of this planter? I am looking to plant sweet corn, sunflowers, bean, and peas. Steve

/ McCormick IH 56 2 Row Corn Planter #2  
I know very little about them from a personal standpoint, but do know they were one of the best plate planter efforts from IH. Very popular back in the day. That sounds like a very good price. Around here, any good, name brand 2-row planter with fertilizer attachment will bring $600 to $1000 at the right time of the year.

/ McCormick IH 56 2 Row Corn Planter #3  
We sold plenty of them a years ago and many parts are still available from Case-IH dealers. Books are still available to assure that you have it set right for the best of population.

They worked very well as long as speeds didn't exceed 4miles an hour unlike their newer systems which do very well as six plus.

/ McCormick IH 56 2 Row Corn Planter #4  
If you need additional information, you may want to visit Red Power Magazine. That is where all the IH guys hang out and it is a GREAT source of information on all things IH. I visit that site daily as well as this one.

/ McCormick IH 56 2 Row Corn Planter
Thanks everyone for your info. I'll go back and take another look at it on the weekend. Steve

/ McCormick IH 56 2 Row Corn Planter #6  
I found a used McCormick IH 2 Row 56 Corn Planter today. It looks to be in good condition. I forgot my camera so no photo. There are 2 plastic seed containers and one large metal fertilizer box. The guy is asking $400 CAD. There are about 10 different seed plates included. The owner said he just replaced the hydraulic cylinder and hoses. I can't seem to find any info on Google about this planter. Anyone have any knowledge of this planter? I am looking to plant sweet corn, sunflowers, bean, and peas. Steve

i have a ih 56 planter. i use it every year to plant my 10 acres of sweet corn .it does not miss a beat . i have not used it to plant any thing else . i am very happy with its performance .

/ McCormick IH 56 2 Row Corn Planter #7  
Yeah, there's lots of them still out there - actually finding the parts you need when you need them like NOW, is the IF.

I bought my IH56 2Row planter this spring. Looked in usable condition.
I got the new seed plates I needed for selected Pioneer Corn (as listed on the bag) from Lincoln Ag Products lickty split for a reasonable $14.95ea + SHI.

This planter started binding and disengages the clutch, and it looks like it's the fertilizer auger that jams up and will not turn.
I am unable to find a replacement auger as yet, either.
I had to finish planting 2 acres without fertilizer being dropped, and there's +6 Acres to go yet.

Let me also know any parts providers you may find as well, if you can.

-/WaltZ
ihartharvest@gmail.com
IHartHarvest - The Potato Project