McCormick tractors

/ McCormick tractors #1  

DieselAddiction

Bronze Member
Tractor
DX 31
Hello TBN,
I just found this site a little while ago and I am enjoying reading up and learning more about tractors. I am gathering info in hopes to purchase a tractor in the near future. Locally we have a JD dealer, and CASE/IH - McCormick dealer. 1/2 hour away a Mahindra dealer. 30-40 mins a New Holland dealer. 1 hour away a Kubota dealer, and also a Kioti dealer.
In my area for farming it is either JD or IH. I do not personally see many CUT's but I know they are around. Most that I do see are kubotas( I guess thats because it's probably what most "regular" people are famliar with.)and some JD's
I have visited the Kioti dealer a couple of times and is very nice and helpful so far. I also am friends with the farmall/case/mccormick dealer. I have been on the case dx40 shuttle and really liked it. The same day he had a mccormick ct36 hst there and I tried it. Didn't care for it that much seemed cramped and didn't like the feel of the hst and whine of the hst on it. I know they are not the same tractor comparison(2 diff tractor frame sizes) but thats what was there. He ordered a dx45 hst and a ct46 hst for me to try also for comparison. For me I don't mind shuttle shift, but I need to decide on how much the wife may use the tractor. I also went and sat on the mahindras. Didn't like them. I don't like the FEL control mounted on/by the hood. Just seems as though your arm is streached out and not comfortable.

OK enough of the intro, back to the point of the thread I do not see much talk on the farmall/case tractors. I know they are pretty much NH tractors, so it helps me to find some info. So why not many CASE cut talk on here?

Also the McCormick cuts. I guess they are new. How new? On paper they seem very nice and I think price wise they will be more attractive also. I HAVE NOT TALKED PRICES ON ANY YET. But the case/mccormick dealer says the mccormick is the most value for your money tractor. Can anyone tell me more about the McCormick tractors, I cant find any info on them. Are they so new noone reallyknows about them yet? My problem is that I don't have a lot of tractor savy yet, so its so hard to compare tractors besides how they "fit" ergonomically. I can look at paper and compare, but that is not always the right way to compare things either. How do you compare tractors when standard and options are different for each??
Also can anyone shed lite on the McCormick line of cut's???

/ McCormick tractors #2  
Welcome. The McCormick compacts are beautiful machines. They are from LS/LG and we have sold the LS/LG machines for years. Basically they are the same as the Montana R series.

The hst units are nice and when your friend gets the CT47hst in you will really be impressed. They are powered by 4 cyl. Mitsubishi engines, have two rear remotes, draft, 4x4, skid steer compatible loader, rear work light, folding ROPS your choice of Titan tires and more. They spec out well and are priced very competitevly.

These tractors are new models of the LS/LG tractors and new models yes but the LS/LG tractors have been sold here for many years now. I would not hesitate to own one as they are extremely high quality, well built and reliable.

I would drive them all, see what you are most comfortable on and what the best price is on them all comparably set up. If the McCormick dealer is your friend then that sounds like a good place to start.

What will you be doing with the tractor?

Maka

/ McCormick tractors #3  
Hello D.A, and welcome to the crowd. I am among many here who own a Case, but generally we just go to the NH forum since the tractors are mechanically alike and there is more traffic there. I have a DX 29. The Case numbers and the NH numbers are the same, just the letters of the model name are different, at least in the CUT area.

I suspect you might find the CUTs in the barns at quite a few of the farms in your area, doing duty cleaning aisles and stuff like that. Not many are used as field tractors in serious agricultural applications. I don't farm for a living, but we raise a few sheep, hence the justification for the tractor. It gets used for all kinds of stuff, but no plowing or mowing. Mostly I use the loader. I got the Ag tires since I don't run over the lawn very ofter.

I, too have a whole lot of different dealers available. I chose the Case over the NH due to the dealer, and even went a bit further from home for one Case dealer over another closer one. I eliminated several machines due to the way the tractor fit my carcass or the amount of what I saw as breakable items hanging down too low for my use in the woods -- fuel filters, hydraulic hoses, etc.

I never saw a McCormick CUT. I had Case, New Holland, Kubota, Deere, Massey-Ferguson, Kioti, Mahindra, and a couple others to look over. I chose the hydro for the fine maneuverability it offers over a clutch tranny. I think if I was doing a lot of heavy pulling with it I would have gone gear.

Similarly, the loader style gives me a lot of reach, but sometimes has drawbacks, too. You will be looking at a lot of choices as you make your decision. Figure out your main use for the thing and go from there.

/ McCormick tractors #4  
Just thought I would let you know that the Mahindra loader control adjusts to almost any place on your right side that would be comfortable for you.

/ McCormick tractors #5  
If you cab find a Branson dealer nearby check them out. I bought one a year ago and couldn't be happier (3820i). I looked at them all and dollar for dollar they can't be beat, in my opinion. The quality is great, the Cummins diesel is smooth and powerful, and good on fuel, the loader is smooth and powerful, the ergonomics are great and the 3 year warranty is nice, The price was excellent. Well worth looking into.

/ McCormick tractors #6  
I have looked into the McCormick brand, albeit the larger utility tractors. There are lots of them running on the other side of the pond. One the issues that they have but are trying to address is that that there is not a lot of dealers to go around. There is not one relatively close to me, the closets being in PA. Not too far but not close.

/ McCormick tractors #7  
Near me I have JD, Case/IH + NH, Kioti, Kubota, and Massey, as well as McCormick. I like my McCormick dealer and I like the McCormicks. I have a GX McCormick which my wife and I both love. McCormick isn't pushing them and I suspect they will fade out despite being popular in Europe. Nevertheless, we use it hard. We are now looking at 75hp tractors ie JX75/80, MF 3635, JD5425, and McCormick CMAX75. All nice tractors. I will probably opt for the CMAX. It has several useful features like 4wheel brakes ( most others are 2wheel and you need to be in 4WD to get all 4 stopped) and front and rear locking diffs. The CMAX is like a big version of the GX so it is easy to go between the two. I haven't been totally sold yet. I also want a self leveling loader for hay work.

McCormick is the smaller company here but they are in the process of aggressively expanding. The CX series has been a good seller for them as well as the larger series. The new compact tractors are a good move and look nice.

Charley

/ McCormick tractors
So the mccormics are just like montanas? Just like case is same as NH.

How long has the ct series been around? I do really like the look of the bigger new mccormicks I think around 150hp one. The cut is ok. Why is it so hard to make the front end of these cut tractors look descent? I know its not about looks, but that is icing on the cake.

Does the mccormick compare to a kioti more than the case? Is the the case a top of the line tractor and kioti and mccormick a close second? I am not looking at prices here. I jst want to see how they line up and will compare price to quality/features later.

Thanks

/ McCormick tractors
bobmisi said:
If you cab find a Branson dealer nearby check them out. I bought one a year ago and couldn't be happier (3820i). I looked at them all and dollar for dollar they can't be beat, in my opinion. The quality is great, the Cummins diesel is smooth and powerful, and good on fuel, the loader is smooth and powerful, the ergonomics are great and the 3 year warranty is nice, The price was excellent. Well worth looking into.

SO the bransons use a CUMMINS engine?? Is this correct?

/ McCormick tractors
Does the kioti dk45 S compare to a case dx? and therefore rest of the kioti series compare to mccormick?