McCormick vs the others

/ McCormick vs the others #1  

ALHILLDIRT

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota GL3240
Trying to decide on a new tractor. Have narrowed the field to the Kubota L3400 DT, MF 1532, and the McCormick CT36. All 4WD w/loader. Anybody have any negative or positive comments on the above.

All have pretty much the same specs, except that it is my understanding that the McCormick is the only one of the bunch that has draft control, a real plus for me. Kubota has a pretty stable history behind it, and they build there own.

/ McCormick vs the others #2  
Trying to decide on a new tractor. Have narrowed the field to the Kubota L3400 DT, MF 1532, and the McCormick CT36. All 4WD w/loader. Anybody have any negative or positive comments on the above.

All have pretty much the same specs, except that it is my understanding that the McCormick is the only one of the bunch that has draft control, a real plus for me. Kubota has a pretty stable history behind it, and they build there own.

As said in other thread, McCormick has draft, better 3 point lift, dual aux. remotes, skid steer compatible loader, larger pump capacity and far more loader lift capacity not to mention a bit more hp.

The 1532 seems nice and I think it is an Iseki (great manufacturer in my opinion) machine. You need to look at the Kubota grand L in order to closer match up with the McCormick CT36.

Maka

/ McCormick vs the others #3  
Also like the other thread... Try out the three point hitch on the Kubota L3400... If it jumps up an inch, Don't walk... run away.

/ McCormick vs the others #4  
Why not throw in another tractor to make the decision even tougher.

Montana's R36

Same features as the CT of McCormick

/ McCormick vs the others
Why not throw in another tractor to make the decision even tougher.

Montana's R36

Same features as the CT of McCormick

I did price one of these, there was only a small difference in price and the dealer was 30 miles further away. I haven't really heard any bad things about them.

/ McCormick vs the others #6  
I did price one of these, there was only a small difference in price and the dealer was 30 miles further away. I haven't really heard any bad things about them.

If you have a good local dealer for the McCormick I suggest you go with that.
I think they're more for the money than Ku_Boo_boo, who don't seem to think they have to try as hard as they did 20 or 30 years ago.
BTW, Perkins diesels are AT LEAST as good, maybe better, than KuBoo.
No need for heaters to get them to start in cold weather, etc.

JMAO, etc.

/ McCormick vs the others #7  
If you have a good local dealer for the McCormick I suggest you go with that.
I think they're more for the money than Ku_Boo_boo, who don't seem to think they have to try as hard as they did 20 or 30 years ago.
BTW, Perkins diesels are AT LEAST as good, maybe better, than KuBoo.
No need for heaters to get them to start in cold weather, etc.

JMAO, etc.

That model McCormick has the mitubishi engine into it I believe. But still a good engine.

/ McCormick vs the others #8  
Who builds what for McCormick---????
Perkins engines--with what drive train?Models???
Mitsubishi engines--with what drive train --models???
Iseki engines--with what drive train---models???
Cat engines---with what drive train--models???
Dang any engine you want and any color you want????

TYM????
LG--LS Mtron????
Landini--?????
AGCO---?????
Yanmar/Cub--????
Any other rebadging for JD NH Kubota???? hearing about alot of China tractors with green blue and orange paint and decals????

/ McCormick vs the others #9  
McCOrmick CT Series are made by LS.

McCormick other series are either manufactured by McCormick or Landini and both owned by Argo spa. They use Perkins engines and Cummins Engines depending on size.

The Landini and McCormick transmissions are from their transmission plants in France I believe.

Let me confuse you. Mitsubishi manufactures Cat engines for Cat, Perkins engines for Perkins and Cta owns Perkins as well as their own. LS manufactures Mitsubishi engines under a license from Mitsubishi. Genuine Mitsubishi engine but manufactured by LS in house. If you look at some Perkins engines in ASV's the 50 and 60hp models they are manufactured Shibaura. Shibaura, the manufacturer of NH and Case? Yip, the same one.

So, we have lots of cross over manufacturing and it takes a long time to sort it all out.

Confusing Ha.

Maka

/ McCormick vs the others #10  
McCOrmick CT Series are made by LS.

McCormick other series are either manufactured by McCormick or Landini and both owned by Argo spa. They use Perkins engines and Cummins Engines depending on size.

The Landini and McCormick transmissions are from their transmission plants in France I believe.

Let me confuse you. Mitsubishi manufactures Cat engines for Cat, Perkins engines for Perkins and Cta owns Perkins as well as their own. LS manufactures Mitsubishi engines under a license from Mitsubishi. Genuine Mitsubishi engine but manufactured by LS in house. If you look at some Perkins engines in ASV's the 50 and 60hp models they are manufactured Shibaura. Shibaura, the manufacturer of NH and Case? Yip, the same one.

So, we have lots of cross over manufacturing and it takes a long time to sort it all out.

Confusing Ha.

Maka

great information---glad you are back in TOWN:D