Best of the Koreans

/ Best of the Koreans #1  

JVPSKI

I'm looking at Bransons, McCormick or TYM. Anyone have any experience or thoughts on these 3 brands? Does anything much really separate these three? If not, then price and deal maybe the way to go for me. Of course dealer plays into it as well.

Thanks

/ Best of the Koreans #2  
It depends how big of a tractor do you want? under a 50hp i think it is
the tractors in my idea are not that nice they are made in Korea with
a mit. engine which is ok. If you get a C or up they are made in Italy and France the Brittan plant closed. They use perkins engines. But around the farm we use a CX 75 with a perkins in it and it performs
great same with my friends C70 C90 and MTX 120. I wouldnt get
one of there compacts. Thats just me. What are you looking at?

--taylor

/ Best of the Koreans #3  
I've had my Branson for just over a year now (110 hrs). I've been very happy with it. I can't speak for McCormick or TYM. What will you be doing with your tractor?

/ Best of the Koreans #4  
Our Mahindra 3510 is made by TYM, and has been a great little tractor. I have about 350 hours on it now, and have had no problems at all. I don't have any experience with the other brands you mentioned. Good Luck!

/ Best of the Koreans #5  
Don't forget Kioti! I have a TYM myself and am pretty pleased with it. Would have liked to try the Kioti however the dealer was too far away.

/ Best of the Koreans
Thanks all. I was actually looking at a Duetz Agro Kid 210 when a dealer,who had TYM as well, said for me to consider Korean tractors.

I'm looking int the 35 - 45 horse range.

John

/ Best of the Koreans #7  
Kioti is about the best Korean brand and they make most of there own stuff. Of all the Korean brands Kioti has the most staying power here in the US.

/ Best of the Koreans #8  
Kioti is about the best Korean brand and they make most of there own stuff. Of all the Korean brands Kioti has the most staying power here in the US.

First, I would like to throw out the following disclaimer: The following comments are meant in no way to offend or cause ill feelings.

That being said, I have to say that this type of response fries my ***.
If you want to say "I own a Kioti and it has been very dependable and a good tractor" that is fine and dandy. Even if you would like to relate that you know someone who owns a Kioti and they are very happy with it, that would be fine as well, but to make a blanket statement such as the one quoted above is a little irresponsible IMHO. Exactly what sources and data are you citing when you say that "Kioti is about the best Korean brand".
"The most staying power"? Time is the only indicator of this statistic, and in order to make that statement true all the other brands would have to be gone.
I hope the OP researchs all of his options carefully before making his decision.
I am sure that Kioti is a fine tractor. I do not mean to say that they are not, nor am I trying to say that the tractor brand that I own is better in any way.
There are many factors relevent in the purchase of a tractor. Brand has to be one of the top considerations, but other factors can sway that decision.
Sorry for the rant, but I couldn't stop myself.

Mark

/ Best of the Koreans
I've had my Branson for just over a year now (110 hrs). I've been very happy with it. I can't speak for McCormick or TYM. What will you be doing with your tractor?

I will be pulling out large logs, some clearing of trees, brush hogging and then general snow clearing etc.,

John

/ Best of the Koreans #10  
You gave your opinion and I gave mine. I don't own a Kioti and I have never seen, nor probably will ever see a Branson. Of course everyone is going to be happy with a new tractror with less than 500 hrs on it. Can you show me a Branson or TYM with 2000 hrs on it? I know there are many Kioti's out there. With Branson and TYM, your looking at a few thousand tractors sold each year in the US, an that may be an overstatement. I'm not saying they are bad machines, just not to many around. If you plan on keeping it forever, you may be ok as long as they stay in business. If you plan on trading in or up in 5-10 years, don't expect your tractor to be worth much. I'm sure they are all fine machines, but personally, I would not touch a Branson with 10 ft pole. TYM would be my next choice and I do have some experience with a TYM made Mahindra. Just my opinio, and it aint worth much.