CT 36

/ CT 36 #1  

rebel46th

Thanks all for sharing your knowledge on this forum. I am a long time (1 1/2 year) lurker/reader, first post.......

Finally test drove a CT36 yesterday. Have tested NH, JD, Bobcat, Kioti, Massey and Kubota. Was very impressed with McCormick's standard features and specs, including the loader specs. With the free loader deal going on, I was quoted $15,900 plus tax and that's the most hp and features for the dollar I've been able to find in my market. I've been looking at 28-31 hp, mainly smaller frame, due to budget. But this deal opens up a whole new hp class and pto hp. You can tell I was impressed, it made me make my first post ! :D

I had read the other posts, MAKA's information has been very instrumental in my decision to test this unit. Until yesterday, it was the MF1532.

Anyone have the CT36 or can tell me their experience with it or the complany, pros or cons?

Regards,
Reb

/ CT 36 #2  
It amazes me how much "power" TBN has over people buying tractors... a friend just bought another tractor, sight unseen, based on what he read on TBN. He never plans to post on TBN like you did... to be honest, I had to look up the CT36... Looks pretty darn good. I wish I spent a little more time with my purchase... I don't think I would have ended up with what I bought. Sorry, I can not answer your question... but welcome to the posting side of TBN.

/ CT 36 #3  
New to this site as well I bought a CT36HST in September after months of research in CUT. I have not had a single problem with my tractor, it currently has 32 hours on it. I have used it to pull a finish mower, move dirt, cut. rake, and bale about 6 acres of hay. Not much else to saw it has performed better than advertized.

/ CT 36
Thanks for the reply sdd1jmc. Glad to hear you're happy with the CT36. This part of the forum is apparently pretty quite :confused:.

After I get my CT36 next week, we can compare notes ourselves :D

Reb

/ CT 36
Sorry it took so long sdd1jmc, but here it is.......already got dirty :D.
Reb

Attachments

• tractor1.jpg
    tractor1.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 385
  • tractor2.jpg
    tractor2.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 332
  • tractor3.jpg
    tractor3.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 335
   / CT 36 #6  
How is everyone's CT's holding up? My CT55U is a bit over 1 year old and about 145hours so I haven't put too much time on it yet but it is working well. Not crazy about a few misc. things but overall a good match to our Mahindra 6000 . I did hear from a factory rep that there is a solinoid issue that needs a reostat installed on some first gen. Mcs such as mine and your(s). If the PTO stops turning, it is the little electrical pigtail line on the left side of the tranny. THe replacement is a plug and play. Mine was built before the problem was discovered so he replaced mine for me before an issue arose. Chances are yours are all fine.
I also made some nice brackets to mount the utility lights on the arm over the front blinkers so I can see where I am going in the dark, and mounted a remote on the front bar of the loader for the hydraulic grapples, etc. Loaded with Rim Guard I think the back end is still a bit to light for me, wish the loader arms were a bit back farther or the front axle forward.
We use this machine for haybale loading with the hay grapple, moving logs out of the woods with the WildKat root grapple, and moving my firewood crates in and out of the barn, all light duty jobs.
Good luck with your machines!

/ CT 36 #7  
Thanks Koopster,

I haven't got my new machine delivered so don't have any stories to share and why I haven't got any pictures up yet. Got a question for you though Koopster, do you have a Box Blade? Just wondering what size to buy or what size my machine can handle as i have zero experience with them. And I only got a CT50U so I got a few less HP than you have, have a great day and can;t wait to get the new toy!!!

/ CT 36
Thanks for the heads up Koopster. I wish I had more time on mine to give some input, but we've had mega rain, snow, slush, more rain and more snow since my pics I posted so my tractor has just been sitting...:(

Come on springtime ;)

/ CT 36 #9  
TS- I wouldn't worry too much about the brand. Do you plan to use it often? Do you need it or can you get away with a scraper blade and york rake? You have a lot of rocky-rubble type soil up there in Canada, don't you? I would stick between a 5' and 6' box if the soil is good. If you plan to break new or hard ground, stick with a 5' with scarifiers. A smaller box typed to dig is worse on the tractor than a 6' or 7' that is set to glide and scrape. You will have to play with the settings. Tractor Supply doesn't have a bad looking unit. King Kutter, Argo, they are all in the same ball park.

PS- Do you have a standard or hydro tranny? THis plays into the usable power the CT will have.

/ CT 36 #10  
Rebel...all work and no fun...well, you know how it goes. Here are the kids having a ball doing something we refer to as TractorBoggin. No, it is not ever going to be an Olympic sport! Yes, the chains may seem like an overkill but they are between 12'&20 ' long and tend to drag more than ropes, giving a more controlled pull. The end ropes give a cushion to the pull and keep them away from the chain itself. The lengths are staggered to allow cornering without crashing. I made a bar that goes across the platform carrier to attach the chains to so the sleds are at a distance from each other.
I put a lot of hours behind an old IH 504 as a kid, a found memory with my Grandfather and Father. Now my kids have a blast. Sometimes we can't wait for a bit of light snow to have an excuse to play with the equipment instead of thinking of it as work only. My two and their 3 friends had a blast in these photos. Their face tells all.
The toboggins follow the rear tire troughs, allowing a controlled but fun ride through the fields and wooded paths. See.... it is not all about box blades, rakes, FEL's, etc! Have fun!!! Perhaps there is a gold medal out there for the biggest smiles afterall. If so, these kids are all contenders!

Attachments

• IMG00062.jpg
    IMG00062.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 179
  • IMG00073.jpg
    IMG00073.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 158
  • IMG00056.jpg
    IMG00056.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 171
  • IMG00045.jpg
    IMG00045.jpg