Any C70 owners?

/ Any C70 owners? #1  

frankv

Bronze Member
Tractor
JD 5525, Century 3045, Farmall A
I looked at a C70 (last years model? with 4cyl Perkins) with an L160 loader. Looks like quite a powerful machine and for a fair price. Claims to be a old IH design other than the engine.

I like the simplicity of it and the power/weight.

Is anybody else using one? Can't find many reviews or any posts.

I am comparing it against a Deere 5325. Both are pretty close in price for me.

/ Any C70 owners? #3  
i bought a new 2004 model c70 4x4 it is alot of tractor for the money . i looked at the orange and the green ones and they had more bells and whistles but mine is in the woods for clearing and for food plots so i wanted to sit lower and on the c70 you straddle the transmission.but if you buy a green one or a orange one they will give you a hat ,nice hats to.(5000.oo hats). im not dissin the other tractors, friends have both brands and i have used both and i liked em . when i started looking for a tractor, everyone that had a tractor told me the samething dont buy to small , i like mine.:thumbsup:

/ Any C70 owners? #4  
I have a c70 mcormick.......Operates good but it jumps out of reverse and has since new.I am the only owner and the company will not do anyting about it..Good Luck

Does anyone else have a c70 with this same problem?

/ Any C70 owners?
That's exactly why I didn't buy one. Seemed like a good deal on the surface but as I need the tractor to perform everyday the dealer and manufacturer had to be taken into consideration. Ended up buying a green one.

/ Any C70 owners? #6  
I have a C80L with a sync shuttle and it does no such stuff. In fact there have been no problems at all with the machine. My dealer enjoys a good rep and has been around for 50+ years, sorry to hear of your problem.

/ Any C70 owners? #7  
That's exactly why I didn't buy one. Seemed like a good deal on the surface but as I need the tractor to perform everyday the dealer and manufacturer had to be taken into consideration. Ended up buying a green one.

All brands have less than stellar dealers, and all brands, even JD, have mechanics. They can all break and have problems. I have some aquaintances that are JD owners with issues and have had less than shall we say, "good" service from their dealer, so it can happen to anyone.

I have been VERY pleased with my McCormick. By the way I also have a JD that I am pleased with, but I am not "brand blind".

/ Any C70 owners? #8  
sounds like it needs a linkage adjustment.

/ Any C70 owners? #9  
cowski I got your email and the linkage has been adjusted and I even took it to a fordnewholland dealer ,they had a guy supposed to be good on internationals , well after 2 thousand dollars it still has the problem , let me also tell you that I put a light spring on hooked it in the sheet metal in front of the low high reverse lever and hooked to linkage to pull back on theshifter when in reverse , it doesn't jump out I can't see well enough to do much adjusting that should covered with warranty but nobody to take it to now they say warranty is out.only has 1050 hrs ,I'll agree a minor adjustment might be all it needs don't feel to good to go foward when you're expecting to go back. Thanks

/ Any C70 owners? #10  
where you at?