Adding a push button to the FL control handle ?

/ Adding a push button to the FL control handle ? #1  

FritzII

Silver Member
Tractor
McCormick CT36HST w/FEL, Kubota G2160
I am thinking of putting an electric diverter and additional hydraulic lines on the loader for grapples and such. I notice that there is a plastic plate, on the face of the loader control handle, that looks like it can be replaced by installing a switch. Can anyone tell me what will fit in there ?

/ Adding a push button to the FL control handle ? #2  
need picture to see what you are seeing.I looked at mine but can't see what you are seeing

/ Adding a push button to the FL control handle ?
It may be a while before I can get a picture. I'll probably have to take it off to get a clear picture. It's about a 1 inch square flat removable piece in the face that will come out if you split the handle into 2 pieces. The plate is right where your finger tips would touch if you grab the handle while on the tractor.

/ Adding a push button to the FL control handle ? #4  
this is what I did to mine.Went to radio shack and bought a button,drilled a hole on the top of the knob,heated up a piece of coat hanger wire and ran it up inside of the knob to fish a wire threw to connect the button.very easy and looks good.next I have to hook up the valve and hoses

Attachments

• joystck button2.jpg
    joystck button2.jpg
    469.8 KB · Views: 207
  • joystck button.jpg
    joystck button.jpg
    423.1 KB · Views: 190
Looks good !!
Your FL handle is different from mine. The top of mine has the pattern on how the loader works about the size of a 50 cent piece. The inside is hollow so I wouldn't have to use the coathanger method. I haven't heard anything from the dealer, but I did find the same handle in a Stoll FEL manual on line. It shows either 2 or 3 buttons in the handle.

I tried two dealers with no success. The 2nd dealer told me I couldn't add a grapple to my tractor. I had to explain how I am going to do it. He finally showed me the complete handle for a larger tractor that was $400.00. I think the 2 guys behind the counter were lost. They don't sell many utility tractors. Most are farm tractors. I dont think they ever had anyone ask them about adding a diverter to a tractor with a FEL. My father laughed when we left. He told me to apply for a job because I knew more about the tractor than they did. I had heard that this dealer was one of the oldest McCormick dealers in the USA ?

I bought a switch that fit at Radio Shack for a couple of dollars. There are three spots in the face plate, in a triangle configuration, that I can use. One for the diverter. I may add a horn and additional works lights to the other two places.

My digital camera died. I think it may be the battery so I ordered another. More than likely, I'll have to buy a new camera though. My luck seems to be running that way recently.

Yep. Camera died. Looks like I'm shopping for a new one.