2007 ct36 w/FEL quality and price value

/ 2007 ct36 w/FEL quality and price value #1  

usmc5595

Bronze Member
I am looking at a 2007 CTM36 with a front end loader. It has 30day factory warranty and 1.8 hours on the tractor and is sold as new.

The tractor is on an auction. My question is what is the regular factory warranty? I have been to the McCormick site and could not find it.

The nearest dealer is 133 miles away and That is also a concern.

It is a 2007 model and is being auctioned off by a dealer. This just brings up more questions. Is that common?

How dependable are these tractors and do the have a lot of little repairs needed from the factory (warranty cause the dealer is 133miles away)?

Any info ill help.

Thanks
usmc5593

/ 2007 ct36 w/FEL quality and price value #2  
Its all going to come down to price. I have never did any good at a auction but if I were to get a basically new tractor for say 60% the price it sold for new I would take my chances. My experience with auctions is people go crazy and pay 90 to 110% the value.

As for the warranty its worthless. Most new tractors have a 36 month warranty so this one being 3 years old its gone and by the time you get it home and something breaks its gone. Just look at it as buying a used tractor with no warranty and pay no more than used price no matter how few hours it has. At the end of the day its 3 years old and if you went to sell it or it was destroyed or stolen you would be upside down in it.

You would not buy a 1997 Caddy that had been sitting at the dealers with only 30 miles for full retail. You would pay blue book value and think you got a good deal because it was like new with virtually no miles.

Chris

/ 2007 ct36 w/FEL quality and price value #3  
I won't be much help as i have hardly any hours on my machine. It's a little bigger a CT50U and only have 12 hours on it as it's still way to wet to work it here yet, all I did with mine was plow snow.

Saying that though it is a well spec-ed tractor and so far I have no complaints, so far I'd buy it again but I will have more reviews in the next 2 months when I really get to put it to work. I can say it performed very well in the cold weather here in Canada, started excellant and hydraulics warmed up pretty well in fairly brutal weather without changing to winter hydraulic oil.

/ 2007 ct36 w/FEL quality and price value #4  
I have a 2008 CT36HST w/fel, that now has 11 hours. I purchased it brand new leftover recently. I think it's a great tractor. Especially for the price I paid !!!

I agree with Diamond. Most people go nuts and pay way too much at auctions.

I bought it from a dealer 150 miles away. I have had no trouble with it. If you can get it for the right price, buy it.