Comparison McCormick CX Extra Shift Or C-MAX Power Shift

/ McCormick CX Extra Shift Or C-MAX Power Shift #1  

McGeesEquip

Advertiser
I would like to do a survey with the McCormick owners that have purchased either a CX series unit with the extra shift, or a C-max series unit with the hydraulic power shift clutch.

I had a customer called me that was looking for McCormick unit around 100hp in size and does a lot of dirt work.

I was woundering if there was someone on this board that may have done some shopping around for their McCormick unit that may have looked at both the CX Series unit with the extra shift, or the C-max series with the power shift and which unit did they choose over the other.

Thanks,

/ McCormick CX Extra Shift Or C-MAX Power Shift #2  
I have use the Extra Shift, driven the power shift. They are both good. I did not buy the ES because I wanted to have the tractor a long time, and the electronics worry me more than the hydraulics. I hate the idea of needing a laptop when the tractor is down in the field.

I tried to buy a CMAX when they still had the 75hp listed but they are no longer available and the CMAX 90 is just more than we need, and the price was $52K, about $10 more than I had. I ended up with a used New Holland with a hydraulic trans and except that it's blue not red, I love it.

I think the CMAX transmission is less complicated, works as well, and is going to be more reliable in the long run. However, there are a lot CX's out there and the people I talk to have been very happy.