Buying Advice Mccormick C80L

/ Mccormick C80L
Storm56 the c80l is indeed a landini build tractor built for McCormick it is nice build schultle shift tractor thease tractors are very reliable I sold one two weeks ago and orderded two more back - -good luck- -dave

Thanks Dave. So I take it that you are a dealer? Where located?

The dealer that I am working with tells me he has yet to have a CL back in for anything other than routine service, which kind of goes hand in hand with your comments about reliability.

I have committed to buying this tractor but not yet picked it up. The dealer is getting a new seat in because it was damaged and has to adjust the rear tire width as it will not fit on my trailer. Trailer is 81 inches wide and rear tires are currently at 84. Looking forward to gettin some dirt on those tires!

/ Mccormick C80L
According to my dealer, Landini bought the McCormick name 20 years ago, with the proviso that they not re-introduce the McCormick name for at least 20 years. That time is now up, and Landini (and LS Tractors that are producing the McCormicks and Landinis I think up to 47 hp) is now selling McCormicks that are identical in every way but color to the Landinis. I have a 41 hp Landini (blue, made by LS) and my neightbour bought a 47 hp McCormick (red, made by LS), from the same dealer, and they are otherwise identical in every way possible. (I've had mine for a year, very satisfied, the neighbour just got his 2 weeks ago).

Can't opine on the bigger ones! :)

All good recs that are making me feel good about this brand of tractor. I did look at a CT 65 at the dealer which if I remember correctly he said was 55 HP. Since it is still in the CT line would this also be an LS product?

/ Mccormick C80L
Brought her home today, did some leveling with the bucket on my stone driveway. Will get the wax out this weekend so she is all purty and shiny, then go out and get her dirty!