International(?) Super A

/ International(?) Super A #1  

Randy B

Tractor
1948 Super A
I inherited my father's Super A. Serial number 263815 would indicate its a 1948? He was the original owner and it was garage and barn stored all its life, and has been parked, unused since about 1973. The markings are original and are faded, but legible. It even has the original canvass on the seat. It is not stickered on the cowling as a "McCormick Farmall" Super A, but as an "International" Super A. I have not seen any other Farmall tractor of about the same era marked as "International". The front axle is also heavy duty, not like the standard "O" type pipe on standard "A" models (for lack of a better description) but appears as a triangle shape heavy steel as is the case for Super A's. I haven't even seen any other Super A's with the same front axle. Can anyone give me any insight about the International markings? I am in the process of having it restored and would like to put original style stickers on it (International), but can't find them.

/ International(?) Super A #2  
The machine you have descibed sounds like an International AI (industrial version of Farmall A) .These were badged as Internationals not Farmalls ,some of these were painted yellow and had a foot throttle.They had a heavy duty front axle made from a Square section rather than the Farmall round tube.