big bucket on a compact tractor

/ big bucket on a compact tractor #1  

bigbosee

I have a McCormick CT36 tractor that has a L105 loader and a 7'bucket.
My freind says the bucket is way to big for this rig,any suggestions.

/ big bucket on a compact tractor #2  
Yeah, that seems a little large. What is the cubic capacity of the bucket? If it is a shallow bucket, you may be be alright. According to tractordata.com, the width of the CT36 is 66.5 inches. I recommend going down to a 6' bucket. Unless dealing with light material (mulch or feed) in an open space, it is preferable for the bucket to extend past the width of the tires by a few inches. Otherwise, you will find your yourself getting the bucket caught on fences posts, edges of buildings, and other items you would rather not bump into.

When dealing with heavier material, in addition to significantly throwing off the center-of-gravity, you will find that you often will exceed the capacity of the loader hydraulics.

Your dealer should be able to get a 6' bucket for the loader. Did you buy it from a dealer like that?

Hawk

/ big bucket on a compact tractor #3  
Bucket might work good for pushing snowing.

Dirt rocks etc. I wouldn't dare to fill than travel,might bend or break arm piston etc...lot of weight up front.

/ big bucket on a compact tractor #4  
Yeah, that seems a little large. What is the cubic capacity of the bucket? If it is a shallow bucket, you may be be alright. According to tractordata.com, the width of the CT36 is 66.5 inches. I recommend going down to a 6' bucket. Unless dealing with light material (mulch or feed) in an open space, it is preferable for the bucket to extend past the width of the tires by a few inches. Otherwise, you will find your yourself getting the bucket caught on fences posts, edges of buildings, and other items you would rather not bump into.

When dealing with heavier material, in addition to significantly throwing off the center-of-gravity, you will find that you often will exceed the capacity of the loader hydraulics.

Your dealer should be able to get a 6' bucket for the loader. Did you buy it from a dealer like that?

Hawk

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

good advice

/ big bucket on a compact tractor #5  
I have the same tractor with the std 66 inch bucket. To try and keep the rear end on the ground, I have the rear tires loaded and a box blade mounted. The rear tires will still come off the ground. Be careful with that large bucket !!! As others mentioned, it may overload the hydraulics or damage the arms if you're loading heavy material.

/ big bucket on a compact tractor #6  
A bucket THAT size is no good for snow either!---lotta wet weight hanging over the front end!---good way to trash a good tractor engine/trans./rear end/ etc!---how do I know?---currenty trying to repair a small tractor that USED to have loader with 7 1/2 foot bucket on it!---finally they blew the engine and trans. rammin the poor thing into stuff!---mostly snow! thanks; sonny

/ big bucket on a compact tractor #7  
rammin the poor thing into stuff! [/QUOTE said:
Sonny,
'Rammin the poor thing into stuff' is your culprit, not the bucket. Even with a small bucket, you'll mess up the transmission and engine by ramming the tractor into stuff!!

Hawk

/ big bucket on a compact tractor #8  
Around here we have 2 sizes of buckets.
The factory one and a larger one that the locals call a snow bucket.

It is all in the bucket weight capacity. Snow weighs less than earth or sand etc.
While snow is basically water in an expanded form it still weighs less than sand, gravel or earth.

/ big bucket on a compact tractor #9  
Smaller bucket =more passes,---BUT not as hard on equipment!---We used to have "cob buckets" here to load corncobs from the sheller piles by cribs, and they were big dudes, but cobs were super light so you really had to have big bucket!---as for snow?---no! the smaller bucket works best!--snow might be a little lighter than dirt, BUT factor in the extra weight and thickness of the metal of the big bucket and your right up to the overload point!--Follow???? thanks; sonny

/ big bucket on a compact tractor
I have the same tractor with the std 66 inch bucket. To try and keep the rear end on the ground, I have the rear tires loaded and a box blade mounted. The rear tires will still come off the ground. Be careful with that large bucket !!! As others mentioned, it may overload the hydraulics or damage the arms if you're loading heavy material.

The tires are loaded and I tried moving some cement road blend with the 7'
bucket being carefull not to fill the bucket and going real slow and it was
difficult to keep the rear tires on the ground when I stoped . I have ordered
a 66"bucket but i am betting it will still have the same problem.Have you ever
considered rear wheel weights?