Super A fuel systtem

/ Super A fuel systtem #1  

scrocker

Tractor
New Holland 1720
Can anyone tell me why my Super A leaks gas from the air filter "canister"? I have replaced the sediment bowl and cleaned the small filter going into the carburetor. I'm sure I need to clean the fuel tank due to setting idle for more than a year. However before I go a lot further I would like to stop the leak. Any help is much appreciated.

/ Super A fuel systtem #2  
I have not worked on an "A" carb or even looked at one realy for years, but would this be a stuck float or as its ben sitting a float with a hole in it letting the bowl over flow?

/ Super A fuel systtem
Thank you.. For some reason I had not even thought of the float. The tractor itself is not flooding, actually it seems to be starving for gas. The carburetor is a Carter and I wonder what my chances are of finding parts to rebuild it.

/ Super A fuel systtem #4  
with a brass float just set it in the sun to evaporate the gass out and solder it with as little solder as possable, if it has gass in it and it has not ben soldered too many times before to make it heavy. gasket materal, leather punch and cut it out. hope it helps, but i am sure someone has them. eather way not a bad job.

/ Super A fuel systtem #5  
Thank you.. For some reason I had not even thought of the float. The tractor itself is not flooding, actually it seems to be starving for gas. The carburetor is a Carter and I wonder what my chances are of finding parts to rebuild it.

I can get about any part you need for your farmall.I will need the # off your carb.

Farmers World/Temco
111 S Sycamore St
Pageland S C 29728
gto1973@msn.com
843-675-2330 MT-TF 7-5.30
Sat---7-12.00
Call us for your hard to find tractor parts for restoration or repairs

Last edited:
   / Super A fuel systtem
Thanks. I may be in touch. Is there a rebuild kit for the govenor or do you have to order piece by piece??

/ Super A fuel systtem #7  
I have the governor assembly w/33 teeth .I also have the governor spring and the governor arm