McCormick CT28H 4wd w/loader ?

/ McCormick CT28H 4wd w/loader ? #1  

cederstrand

Bronze Member
Tractor
Mahindra 5035HST w/loader, J.D.855 w/loader, McCormick CT28H w/FEL
Am looking at a McCormick CT28H 4wd w/loader. It has 18 hours on it. Paint is faded. Price offered is $12,200. Good deal or not?:confused:

Anything I should be asking about it?

Thank you for any info and suggestion. -Rob

/ McCormick CT28H 4wd w/loader ? #2  
I don't know a lot about McCormick tractors but know that they are pretty much rebranded Landini tractors painted red. With that said Landini seems to be a pretty popular european brand and the McCormicks I also believe are assembled in Georgia.

Things to ask.
1. Is there an authorized dealer nearby. Although most dealerships will work on any brand of tractor an authorized dealer can usually get parts cheaper and will be aware of any manufacturer TSBs. (tech svc. bulletin)

2. At 18 hours it hasn't even reached it's 50 hr svc yet. Usually for hydros a 50 hour svc on the trans is typical with a filter and fluid change. It pretty typical to have shaving of metal as the gears help seat into place. So if this is a dealer will they change the fluid/filter prior to purchase or at the 50 hr svc.

At the price you got listed with the amount of hours it has is seems to be a pretty good deal especially for a hydro. I've been looking at McCormicks lately. I have seen a 50hp, cab, 4wd hydro listed by a local dealer for 23 grand and although I have a kubota and would like a deere my pocketbook keeps steering me toward McCormick.

/ McCormick CT28H 4wd w/loader ? #3  
First of all, this is a duplicate post, you should avoid this.

I don't know a lot about McCormick tractors but know that they are pretty much rebranded Landini tractors painted red. With that said Landini seems to be a pretty popular european brand and the McCormicks I also believe are assembled in Georgia.

Things to ask.
1. Is there an authorized dealer nearby. Although most dealerships will work on any brand of tractor an authorized dealer can usually get parts cheaper and will be aware of any manufacturer TSBs. (tech svc. bulletin)

2. At 18 hours it hasn't even reached it's 50 hr svc yet. Usually for hydros a 50 hour svc on the trans is typical with a filter and fluid change. It pretty typical to have shaving of metal as the gears help seat into place. So if this is a dealer will they change the fluid/filter prior to purchase or at the 50 hr svc.

At the price you got listed with the amount of hours it has is seems to be a pretty good deal especially for a hydro. I've been looking at McCormicks lately. I have seen a 50hp, cab, 4wd hydro listed by a local dealer for 23 grand and although I have a kubota and would like a deere my pocketbook keeps steering me toward McCormick.

No this isn't true, at least not in the CUT size tractors. LS made Landini tractors up until about 2 years ago, now Daedong makes Landini CUTs along with Bobcat, McCormick and their own brand Kioti. None of them are assembled in Georgia, they come directly from South Korea.

/ McCormick CT28H 4wd w/loader ? #4  
Thanks for the correction. I wasn't positive completely sure. It's hard to keep track of who makes what these days. I didn't realize McCormick is just a rebranded Kioti. Thats good to know because reviews on Kioti seem to be pretty good. Thanks for the correction Kiotiken.

/ McCormick CT28H 4wd w/loader ? #5  
Thanks for the correction. I wasn't positive completely sure. It's hard to keep track of who makes what these days. I didn't realize McCormick is just a rebranded Kioti. Thats good to know because reviews on Kioti seem to be pretty good. Thanks for the correction Kiotiken.

That's for sure, and if you ever get it figured out, they all shuffle again! tractordata.com has a "family tree" for manufactures that is really interesting, it shows all the mergers and partnerships.

My dealer used to sell Kioti and Landini in the CUT space but when Daedong started making tractors for Landini, they switched to LS so they could basically keep what they had before. He told me they'd never be able to sell a blue Kioti (Landini) for more money and half the warranty when it was sitting right beside a Kioti. Landini doesn't seem to be as well known in Can/US.