New to site - B250 McCormick - Tractor is starving!!

/ New to site - B250 McCormick - Tractor is starving!! #1  

cwcflyer

Tractor
B250 McCormick
Hi, this appears to be a great site. I am new to the forum. I have a B250 McCormick (not sure of year). I had a few problems with it, took it to a dealer to address, brought it home and issues were better (glow plug fun!!). Within a week i started to have an issue with the tractor running for 5-10 minutes and then starving out. It was searching for power but could not get it. It was like the fuel was running out although the tank was 1/2 - 3/4 full. Obviously this makes it almost unuseable. This some debris got into the tank and is clogging the outlet or valve is acting up. I removed the fuel "bowl" and notcied the fuel was barely dripping in. Though it should be flowing and thus my theory the valve is bad or tank outlet is covered with junk! Any tips on removing a tank like this?

Thanks for any help. Decent with tools and car work. Newer to tractors.

/ New to site - B250 McCormick - Tractor is starving!! #2  
Welcome from Ohio. :welcome: Maybe use some algaecide?

/ New to site - B250 McCormick - Tractor is starving!! #3  
Welcome to TractorByNet :tractor:

/ New to site - B250 McCormick - Tractor is starving!! #5  
Welcome to TractorByNet!

I moved your thread to the McCormick forum. :)

/ New to site - B250 McCormick - Tractor is starving!! #6  
Sounds like you need to give the tank a good washout, if you remove the tap/ outlet fitting fuel should gush out!!!

With a tractor of that age there is certainly rust in the tank, it needs a good wash out then treatment with one of the tank preserving soloutions com there are about. I find a wash out with PQR marine clean to remove oily residues, then treatment with "meatal ready " to remove rust then apply the tank liner solution and swish well around to coat all internal tank surfaces, will fix the issue.!!!