New Farmall owner here

/ New Farmall owner here #1  

Beekeeper5

Tractor
484 International Farmall H
I have a 42 H and have found a gas station that has ethanol free gas. Do I need to add anything to it like lead substitute or is necessary ?

/ New Farmall owner here #2  
regular Gas will be fine.I had a h a few years back before I bought the 574.

/ New Farmall owner here #3  
You don't need anything. If you want to, use premium. But these old girls were designed to run on some pretty low grade fuel. Today's stuff is much cleaner. Some of these tractors ran for years on 80 grade or less. I have a 48 H.

/ New Farmall owner here
You don't need anything. If you want to, use premium. But these old girls were designed to run on some pretty low grade fuel. Today's stuff is much cleaner. Some of these tractors ran for years on 80 grade or less. I have a 48 H.
Wasn't sure but I hate ethanol. My sons dirt bike started giving trouble and the petcock was all but gone. Dissolved almost and the carb was a mess too.

/ New Farmall owner here #5  
Wasn't sure but I hate ethanol. My sons dirt bike started giving trouble and the petcock was all but gone. Dissolved almost and the carb was a mess too.

These old girls don't have much in the way of plastic to melt!

/ New Farmall owner here #6  
The last owner of my 42 farmall H ran gas with ethanol in it. It turned the seal in the sediment bowl and the gas cap seal to jelly and partially disolved them. This gave me a nice layer of black muck on the sediment bowl screen.

/ New Farmall owner here #7  
The last owner of my 42 farmall H ran gas with ethanol in it. It turned the seal in the sediment bowl and the gas cap seal to jelly and partially disolved them. This gave me a nice layer of black muck on the sediment bowl screen.

I would just replace them. Those old tractors could run on bad gas almost. I had a M with a trip loader and it ran great when it got used and we just put cheap gas into it. sediment bowl are so easy to clean